TV Smith interview on BBC6 Music tonight.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

dm999
Down In The Sewer

TV Smith interview on BBC6 Music tonight.

Post by dm999 »

RADIO NEWS

TV has recorded an interview with Tom Robinson which is to to go out on his show on BBC6 Music on April 24th.

Tune in over the internet:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/tom_robinson/
The show starts at 1900 and runs till 2130 (UK time).
straightenout
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by straightenout »

Tv Smith is a top guy,had the honour of meeting the great man last year when he as a favour done the Support slot for my mates band,to top it off Gaye(Advert) was there as well.

What made it so special to me was the fact that the Adverts were the 1st ever band I saw live

HAPPY DAYS
I don't mean Rough Looking
adriana
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adriana »

TV Smith is one of the greatest talents to emerge from the punk era. He really is a top bloke. I never saw The Adverts, but did used to follow his band Cheap around in the late 80's early 90's. The band split prior to recording an album, but it did see a release postumously so to speak.

RIP Everything Must Go - highly recommended.

Tim solo is an inspirational performer. With a band he's the bollocks. I was lucky enough to see him with band in London a couple of years ago when he played most of Crossing the Red Sea... a great night of punk!

Basically, if he plays your town make the effort and go and see him... you never know Gaye may be there as well!
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

I bought 'Crossing the Red Sea' only about 2 years ago (better late than never eh?!) what a fantastic album! Wish I had seen the band when they were around but I was too young.

Gaye Advert was interviewed in a magazine not long ago and she works in an office now I think.
Shush this is serious
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

The Adverts were a top band - 'Crossing The Red Sea' , in me top 10 albums, I'm sure.

My only stab at catching them live was back in 1979 (around the release of 'Cast Of Thousands'). I actually bought a ticket to see them but the band split before the tour got underway :cry:

Still, I was able to use the ticket to see the newly formed 'Revillos' which wasn't so bad! 8)

I have all the official Adverts studio recordings (not that there's much out there) and the TV Smith's Explorers alblum & singles. Bit hit & miss, musically though.

Never really took any interest in TV Smith after that. Always said I'd like to catch one of his gigs though, but 25 years on from The Explorers I still haven't seen him - really must make the effort!

btw. Wasn't Gaye Advert a babe? :wink:
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

ThruBeingCool wrote:The Adverts were a top band - 'Crossing The Red Sea' , in me top 10 albums, I'm sure.

My only stab at catching them live was back in 1979 (around the release of 'Cast Of Thousands'). I actually bought a ticket to see them but the band split before the tour got underway :cry:

Still, I was able to use the ticket to see the newly formed 'Revillos' which wasn't so bad! 8)

I have all the official Adverts studio recordings (not that there's much out there) and the TV Smith's Explorers alblum & singles. Bit hit & miss, musically though.

Never really took any interest in TV Smith after that. Always said I'd like to catch one of his gigs though, but 25 years on from The Explorers I still haven't seen him - really must make the effort!

Aye indeed a babe.
Speaking of babes where is that Fanny Burberry friend of yours?
Tell her to get back here on the forums.
Shush this is serious
bry
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by bry »

ThruBeingCool wrote: My only stab at catching them live was back in 1979 (around the release
fookin yeah!!! still is 8)

televisions over! so am off to bed :roll:
like a meteor, like to meet you!
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »