Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

STRANGLERS MK3

Post by Alias »

Jesus- it was just a joke! :grin:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

:P :grin: :lol:
LAIDBLACKINKENT
Down In The Sewer

Post by LAIDBLACKINKENT »

Brilliant...
Have you all got your Crackerjack pencils
janek
Rats Rally

Post by janek »

LAIDBLACKINKENT wrote:Brilliant...
it's a shame that on MIB Forums there is a place for other bands and no place fore the stranglers as they are. if jim hasn';t got time for mk2 & 3 i can't see why he does have energy for other bands. maybe really mr cornwell's management forced him to do that ...
Mitch K
Rats Rally

Post by Mitch K »

janek wrote:
it's a shame that on MIB Forums there is a place for other bands and no place fore the stranglers as they are. if jim hasn';t got time for mk2 & 3 i can't see why he does have energy for other bands. maybe really mr cornwell's management forced him to do that ...
Sense of humour's gone astray somewhere..............
Robinson Crusoe - worked hard all week and was buggered by Friday
glasgeo
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: STRANGLERS MK3

Post by glasgeo »

Alias wrote:Jesus- it was just a joke! :grin:
Maybe i've missed something as i've been absent for awhile but is there an area on this site for discussing the band?

It seemsas though Hugh is now the main act on here. :?:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Firstly, the other bands section doesn't give me any grief whatsoever. Secondly comments like yours will get you banned son. You're beginning to really piss me off.

Jim
janek wrote:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
janek
Rats Rally

Post by janek »

theraven1979 wrote:Firstly, the other bands section doesn't give me any grief whatsoever. Secondly comments like yours will get you banned son. You're beginning to really piss me off.
ban me off if you like - i don't want to be anyone's problem. it's up to your conscience. i've admired you for putting this forum, now you've destroyed something that i loved. i'm very sure that pissing you off by me is nothing comparing it to how much you piss me off by what you did. sorry jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I accept your apology and invitation to ban - what a good idea!

Bye.

Anyone else wishing to leave and needing a bit of help from me please PM me and I'll be glad to help you out. I've spent the last few days going over and over my reasons for doing what I have done and justifying my actions. The amount of man hours is unreal - I've probably doubled this with private messages etc. Gone well out of my way. Everything is said time and time again in the announcement forum - if you cannot get your head round this then you must be thick as shit. Nothing has really changed apart from the fact I no longer run a MKIII forum. Aliens haven't landed, we're not all doomed, the site is still here and will be for at least another 5 years. GET OVER IT!!!!!

I've finally cracked and anyone else beefing on will get binned. If you wanna leave the forums just leave. Spare us the "I'm going" as it doesn't threaten me - sure it's not good to see people leave but so be it if that's how you feel - I'm not gonna stay awake at night if there's only 10 of us on here as opposed to 700+.

Jim *....And relax!*
janek wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Firstly, the other bands section doesn't give me any grief whatsoever. Secondly comments like yours will get you banned son. You're beginning to really piss me off.
ban me off if you like - i don't want to be anyone's problem. it's up to your conscience. i've admired you for putting this forum, now you've destroyed something that i loved. i'm very sure that pissing you off by me is nothing comparing it to how much you piss me off by what you did. sorry jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

You should spend a couple of days in the forums 'cooler' like I did Jim! :lol:

Calm down lad! Start smoking again!

The message will eventually get through to people. :idea: No need to ban people if they're gonna walk anyhow....
kinski
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kinski »

janek wrote:

AArrrrrrghhhhhhhhh
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Aye, I think some people just need a bit of time to adjust to the changes. Its obviously been a bit of a shock to them. A bit of time away to see it from all angles and not be too precious and selfish about the whole thing.
I recommend a breath of fresh air, mibee a nice walk. Clarity should follow. If not, some helpful reminders:

a) Sorry, but it's only a fucken message board.
b) It is Jim's fucken message board (ie the buck stops at him), we just visit.

Chill, then come back and chat.
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'