GOLDBLADE

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alan A Hillier
The Man They Love To Hate

GOLDBLADE

Post by Alan A Hillier »

I had every intention of steaming down to the dirty water club tonight and when I got off the phone to a couple of mates having arranged transport etc I was totally vibed up about the idea of getting a few cold beers in me and massaging my busy mind with some much needed aural GBH ...so ....................................................................................................

I was sitting on the end of my bed lacing up my boots when I was gently reminded by Mrs H, who stuck her head nonchalantly around the bedroom door and casually reminded me in her best 'Before you fuck off anywhere Al' voice that we had her oldest sister and her hubby coming round to dinner tonight.............

My wife Bev knows me well (fucking should do by now) and she knows the way I have always lived my life........

I'm not really good at formal 'arrangements' and I am especially not good at arrangements that directly involve 'me' especially if they have been made by someone else but I have to admit that even I feel obliged to establish some sort of order when confronted with the unassailable facts.Under these circumstances I really have no choice but to 'shelve' the selfish 18 year old ignorant fucking monster that still lives inside me, who, if given a chance would genuinely ignore everyone and everything, especially stuff that has been pre- arranged (particularly when it involves family members invading my space) but when rightfully cornered and confronted with the horrible reality that people are winging their way towards me down the A1 motorway in their sensible family car with GPS I simply had to relent.

To be honest, the Peking duck, the wine and all the bits were fucking great but to be truthful whilst my beloved family guests were smiling sweetly, swilling my wine and scoffing Bev's excellent Chinese food and excitedly telling us about their boring fucking childless lives, extrapolating on their boring fucking jobs, their new timeshare in Ibiza or their extended pension plans, my warped and twisted 48 year old juvenile 18 year old 'punk' mind and spirit was right there in the dirty water club leaning on the bar waiting for Goldblade to make their appearance. I was there chatting to the local loonies and generally making merry with like minded people who I always seem to find, or they find me,

I like meeting ordinary Folk just like me..who just love the music .............................

Al
TO INFAMY AND........................... BEYOND
leoJ
Rats Rally

Post by leoJ »

Great post Al, from someone that feels exactly the way I do in situations you describe!
Nice Post. I just hope your in-laws don't read it!:lol:

Leo