ah that explains it.... :lol:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

BTW Has anyone ever heard the albums Jaz Coleman released where he "does" stuff like Pink Floyd, Genesis and what have you played by a symphony orchestra?
(Yes, Jaz is a classically trained musician I understand)

I have never heard these but know they exist somewhere.

oh and Jim shouldnt this be in "other bands"
--eric--
and there i came
johnsa
Rats Rally

Post by johnsa »

Yeah the reason i started this thread on this forum is very similar to the motorcycle forums where if i was to sell one of my bikes i wouldn`t stick it in the sales section because you get less members visiting such sections so i stick it in the main forum.
Anyway what a great response to my thread now i`m rearly looking forward to this gig friday night.My friend powl saw killing joke near is home town of elk in poland many years ago and said it was a super gig.
Also just to add that there are still tickets left for the liverpool gig friday night. Johnsa. 8)

Post by Guest »

..Love Like Blood tour - in 1986 - I'd got into them before - a band I'd see again..

G
glasgeo
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by glasgeo »

Must've saw them 8 or 9 times over the years but not recently. Live they are raw energy-excellent. Favourite albums Night Time + Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Pandemonium wasn't too bad either.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

:roll:

johnsa wrote:Yeah the reason i started this thread on this forum is very similar to the motorcycle forums where if i was to sell one of my bikes i wouldn`t stick it in the sales section because you get less members visiting such sections so i stick it in the main forum.
Anyway.......
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

This inspired me to pull out Nightime, which is the only Killing Joke album I have. Think its an excellent album, which is only spoiled by the fact that it is too short.

I've heard there other stuff is very different (I can remember hearing some of their earlier stuff, but don't remember it). So, what would you lot recommend to a Nightime fan ?

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

paulinblack wrote:This inspired me to pull out Nightime, which is the only Killing Joke album I have. Think its an excellent album, which is only spoiled by the fact that it is too short.

I've heard there other stuff is very different (I can remember hearing some of their earlier stuff, but don't remember it). So, what would you lot recommend to a Nightime fan ?

Paul
Pandemonium and Democracy for starters! :grin:
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Revelation (produced by Connie Plank) as a much forgotten album but if only for The Hum and Empire Song undeniably brilliant!
--eric--
and there i came
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

I'd try Brighter Than A Thousand Suns Paul.Their first three albums are classics and so is the fourth Fire Dances with Raven joining on bass,but I don't know if they'd be your cup of tea.Could be wrong of course.

Coolest band around I reckon in the eighties,Stranglers excluded. :wink: Had a similar type of image. Dark and mysterious.What were they ? Metal,punk,dance ? All sorts of fans.Always underated,but very influential.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Killing Joke are good, the 1st album esp. I don't own every album but the ones I do have are very good and recommended they are the first one obviously, revelations, night time, Extremities dirt and various etc, Pandemonium and Democracy