13%
I'm apathetic so I dont care either way
8%

Total votes: 40

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

I'd love to tell you more but out of respect for Jon, i think we should leave you to guess whats happening. But it WILL be worth the wait. :wink:
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Indeed - top night last night - ended up playing air guitar in Jon's garage/rehearsal studio at 3am

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

air guitar to XTC?.....very surreal!

At least it wasn't Pat Matheny...is that how its spelt?

:grin:
just hanging around
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I hope it all goes well for 4MH too. Not that tribute bands are really my thang! :grin:

However, I will endeavour to catch them if they are ever in my neck of the woods, to see wot all the fuss is about. As I've heard nowt but good reports I look forward to a large slice of humble pie to soak up the ale! Yum yum!

Will Dave Berridge be in the line-up? :?:
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Are they playing Albert Hall then Carl? :grin: They are, aren't they?

Make them get down here again. I'd love to catch them, but they must do a Friday or Saturday in London. Mid weekers are a waste of time what with getting around London.
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

MEtheny. As in MEthylated. And MEthadone. And MEthematics.

raveninblack wrote:air guitar to XTC?.....very surreal!

At least it wasn't Pat Matheny...is that how its spelt?

http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Gary....a week long residency at a venue in London was mooted but we found out the Roundhouse had been knocked down!!!
Is the Hope & Anchor still going?
The Torrington is now fucked as well isn't it?
:(
Couldn't quite afford the RAH....
Actually Gary, thats another job for you, try and find a venue, preferably with some connection to you know who, in Landaan, send us a phone number or contact address and I'll see what can be done. Always willing to try my hand at promoter.
:-)
And yes Mr Berridge will be taking part.

Fuck me, it sounds like I'm the bands spokesman!!!
:shock:
just hanging around
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I saw em at The Kings Head in Fulham or was it Finchley? a few years back - got the vid somewhere - Dom where's the MD gig?!! :lol:

Jim

C r a s s ! wrote:Are they playing Albert Hall then Carl? :grin: They are, aren't they?

Make them get down here again. I'd love to catch them, but they must do a Friday or Saturday in London. Mid weekers are a waste of time what with getting around London.
custard
SHAKESPEARO

Post by custard »

Lokking forward to it, should be fun.
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

theraven1979 wrote:I saw em at The Kings Head in Fulham or was it Finchley? a few years back - got the vid somewhere - Dom where's the MD gig?!! :lol:

Jim

C r a s s ! wrote:Are they playing Albert Hall then Carl? :grin: They are, aren't they?

THE Four More Heroes gig is being ripped to my hard disk as I type... Very nice segue from Goodbye Toulouse to Wog.... I had no opinion on this bunch till now, hearing jim's bootleg.... i hope to have it on general release this week!

"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The thing is they got a lot tighter for a year before they split - the songs were played with real passion, skill and to the note. Imagine having them on in ya local pub?! I saw a lot of quality gigs in small venues leaving a lot of regulars shell shocked.

Here's to future 4MH gigs!!!

Dom you manged to tidy up the sound a little? If I remember I was pogoing like a cunt right through this gig and the sound get's a little muddy. I have a gig straight from the sound desk somewhere - MD plugged directly in.

Jim

Dom P wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:I saw em at The Kings Head in Fulham or was it Finchley? a few years back - got the vid somewhere - Dom where's the MD gig?!! :lol:

Jim

THE Four More Heroes gig is being ripped to my hard disk as I type... Very nice segue from Goodbye Toulouse to Wog.... I had no opinion on this bunch till now, hearing jim's bootleg.... i hope to have it on general release this week!

Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

theraven1979 wrote:The thing is they got a lot tighter for a year before they split - the songs were played with real passion, skill and to the note. Imagine having them on in ya local pub?! I saw a lot of quality gigs in small venues leaving a lot of regulars shell shocked.

Here's to future 4MH gigs!!!

Dom you manged to tidy up the sound a little? If I remember I was pogoing like a cunt right through this gig and the sound get's a little muddy. I have a gig straight from the sound desk somewhere - MD plugged directly in.

Jim

Dom P wrote:

Jim

Yeah, I upped the treble a bit....and you were jumping around so much you turned it off before the end!
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five