Cockney Rejects

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Cockney Rejects

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Just accidentally found out they released an album last year - having heard it now I'd say its not bad . Sits somehwere between their early punk and later heavy metal stuff . Its loud fast and heavy BUT not oi . I'd say I do like it , not as much as my favourite album last year - Killing Joke , but a good album if you like that sort of thing . I do like that sort of thing and its nice to see another band from that era not relying solely on the old material and still having some creative output .
Last edited by Jon the Impaler on 26 May 2013, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
All quiet ..........
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Cockney Rejects

Post by Burn e 77 »

Jon the Impaler wrote:Just accidentally found out they released an album last year - having heard it now I'd say its not bad . Sits somehwere between their early punk and later heavy metal stuff . Its loud fast and heavy BUT not oi . I'd say I do like it , noty as much as my favourite album last year - Killing Joke , but a good album if you like that sort of thing . I do like that sort of thing and its nice to see anothe rband from that era not relying solely on the old material and still having some creative output .
'Viva Le Rock' magazine, gave a 3bee CD of Cockney Rejects, rarities & demo's... & trax from their new album too! hunt it down, fella!
Burn e 77 :wink:
Something better change!
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Hopefully gonna see the rejects later on in the year. I saw east end babylon lats year really good film.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Liked a few of their songs back in the 80’s but only really got to appreciate them in the last few years and last saw them in Leeds last year on their final tour (they were only going to play festivals after this tour then retire I think?)

Just found out they are still going to continue but Mick Geguss & Vince Riordan + drummer have left the band and Jeff Geguss has got 3 new guys in including that guitarist/ singer from the Toy Dolls :?

RIP Cockney Rejects?
Shush this is serious
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 04:28 Liked a few of their songs back in the 80’s but only really got to appreciate them in the last few years and last saw them in Leeds last year on their final tour (they were only going to play festivals after this tour then retire I think?)

Just found out they are still going to continue but Mick Geguss & Vince Riordan + drummer have left the band and Jeff Geguss has got 3 new guys in including that guitarist/ singer from the Toy Dolls :? I was always a fan of the rejects since back in the early of 79. They were always much better musicians than they were ever given credit especially mikey who was a really good guitarist. I have seen them live many times live In various forms too. But think original line up was class. I was lucky enough to see them the last in a really small local pub which was excellent they were so tight. I can’t imagine them without mikey on guitar and missing Vince on bass too. I will have a look at the new line up in the future hopefully and make my mind up then. But at the moment I am not to convinced. Hope I am wrong though.

RIP Cockney Rejects?