50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by Cricklewood »

Greatkudu wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 17:21 Start with So Sexual,followed by Miss You from WiR then straight in to tonight from coup de grim,I was at rehearsals the other day and JJ said keep it a secret,so sorry for set list spoilers,I'm now a marked man🙂
May as well throw in their own rendition of Turn the Centuries Turn to spite Hugh. Like see we can do it better? :wink:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cricklewood wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 19:35
Greatkudu wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 17:21 Start with So Sexual,followed by Miss You from WiR then straight in to tonight from coup de grim,I was at rehearsals the other day and JJ said keep it a secret,so sorry for set list spoilers,I'm now a marked man🙂
May as well throw in their own rendition of Turn the Centuries Turn to spite Hugh. Like see we can do it better? :wink:
I doubt they will do that,let's see what the song is they have never played before.Major Kudu.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Greatkudu wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 20:20

I doubt they will do that,let's see what the song is they have never played before.Major Kudu.
It’s a (Top) Secret
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Bear Cage wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 20:38
Greatkudu wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 20:20

It’s a (Top) Secret
Yes very good🙂
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

It probably is Top Secret yes. An interesting choice, one of the best b sides they did. Still, one would prefer Turn The Centuries or Aint Nothing To It or Blue Sister....
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Turn the centuries would make for a great stage entry for the first set,like Waltzinblack.Now the tour is getting nearer I'm beginning to feel envious of those going.Enjoy and bollocks to the miserable gets who refuse to attend.Myself included.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

why not Maninwhite?
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 14:42 Intresting points raised ....
I'm not sure if Hallow would be done on their 50th...it may well do not so sure how Baz feels about some of those Gospel songs maybe he is up for them to be done live...
And I wonder also coming into the band Toby's take on their back catalogue or his inputs worth on songs that he thinks being a Dave fan that would be good to do or not.
I wouldn't know on selist decisions how it's selected is it mainly the two frontmens lists or a complete bands worth....dunno.
I would imagine heavily picked by JJ & Baz
I still think maybe Tomorrow Was or say choosie suzie,shut up went down very well when it was done a very short track but very well liked by the fans.
I think maybe a very heavy first four albums worth in the first set and more up to date in the second with the likes of Freedom,Relentless,time to die,moon those sort of tracks.
I can imagine nuclear device,strange little girl,GB,Duchess all the big hits again having their day on the 50th tour....as per normal really lol
Basically much of the same with one not done before....I hope it's gonna be a cracking setlist.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

i don't think turn the centuries will be done especially after hugh's done his tribute version of it recently for Dave...Hallow might be done I'd imagine they would know that it is a hardcore fans favourite waiting to hear their take on it even though for me it can never be the same.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 03 Mar 2024, 10:57, edited 1 time in total.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

toilerinblack wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 10:11 i don't think turn the centuries will be done especially after hugh'a done his tribute version of it recently for Dave...Hallow might be done I'd imagine they would know that it is a hardcore fans favourite waiting to hear their take on it even though for me it can never be the same.
Did Hugh do that as a tribute to Dave ? I never knew that, typical Hugh he didn't say anything at the gigs i was at but what a really nice thing to do.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

ThinkTank wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 10:29
toilerinblack wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 10:11 i don't think turn the centuries will be done especially after hugh'a done his tribute version of it recently for Dave...Hallow might be done I'd imagine they would know that it is a hardcore fans favourite waiting to hear their take on it even though for me it can never be the same.
Did Hugh do that as a tribute to Dave ? I never knew that, typical Hugh he didn't say anything at the gigs i was at but what a really nice thing to do.
No your right what am I on about yes your right again...lol
His tributes were the two others Waltz & Dead Ringer for Dave.....sorry getting wires crossed again in my old age...lol
Anyway I meant will they do a track that Hugh has done that neither has touched they might do and this is our version of it lol
I'd like to see them take it on as it's such a masterpiece of a track that for obvious reasons without Hugh for me be the same again but I think musically it could sound bloody excellent they always musically do a great version on any Mk1 song tbh...we'll i think so as one fans worth only it's just obviously not got Hugh's vocals on it but saying that I think when I hear back on it Baz done amazing version of Enough TIme when they did the full black and white album live...I love it the two frontman were just amazing together on that track with the flashing lights JJ standing at the back by his amp the whole time looked and played cool as you like....I love it I hope they do that track again like that....it was excellent and I don't often say that about an Mk1 Hugh song being done live.....lol
So some Mk1 songs can vocally still sound good but not many tbh.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 21:18 It probably is Top Secret yes. An interesting choice, one of the best b sides they did. Still, one would prefer Turn The Centuries or Aint Nothing To It or Blue Sister....
Blue Sister was played live in Grotty Chippenham in 83.Major Kudu.