50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by theraven1979 »

StanInBlack wrote:I'd love to see PR doing them!
On his own or part of this nostalgia stranglers tour?

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

The Portsmouth gig will be my last,to me the band should call it a day,but its of course it's up to them or JJ, whatever they play it will be inferior compared to the original lineup.Major Kudu.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Greatkudu wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 23:08 ... it will be inferior compared to the original lineup.Major Kudu.
:roll: No shit Sherlock :roll:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

MiB81 wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 15:44
Greatkudu wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 23:08 ... it will be inferior compared to the original lineup.Major Kudu.
Some people convince themselves that it's as good as ever? Major Kudu.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

Greatkudu wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 16:19
I don't think they do Kudu. It's a nostalgia trip but I'll be sorry when it's all done, which won't be long from now.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Josh wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 19:22

I don't think they do Kudu. It's a nostalgia trip but I'll be sorry when it's all done, which won't be long from now.
Yeah we can choose to moan or not but it will be a sad day when the Stranglers book is closed.
Let's Boogie
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Josh wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 19:22

Yes true we do moan,but yes it will be sad when it ends,I am quite looking forward to Portsmouth now,a rare evening out for me as I prefer a quiet life by now, when not doing Ops to Kenya.😎
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

I think the band will be going on for a long time yet. Baz will continue when JJ stops i mean what else do you expect Baz to do this late in his career he's already successfully invested 24 years in to the band and has been 100% accepted as the lead singer now as well for the last 18 years ? The same would go for the rest of the band all be it not the same invested time.
To be honest the sound wont change too much without JJ just the bass work to be a bit different from another very competent Bass player as the next session player to join the band.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

People moan but everybody has the right to their say with the band...we all differ but all at some time of our lives enjoyed has really enjoyed this special band for who they are and their unique music.
Baz to continue on or anybody else afterJJ I can't see it happening I really can't myself....but hey they have the right to do whatever they want to do but it will be a tribute band then...but many might not be to bothered if they are going to see and hear this bands past music and a good night out..
If they did you'd have a choice of seeing them or Straighten Out ....take your pick.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 06 Feb 2024, 21:17, edited 7 times in total.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

I don't think Baz would carry on as The Stranglers without JJ. I wouldn't rule out a slight name change version though similar to From The Jam.
Let's Boogie
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

markorbit wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 21:13 I don't think Baz would carry on as The Stranglers without JJ. I wouldn't rule out a slight name change version though similar to From The Jam.
Yep the Stragglers would work!
twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by twatinblack »

ThinkTank wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 20:54 I think the band will be going on for a long time yet. Baz will continue when JJ stops i mean what else do you expect Baz to do this late in his career he's already successfully invested 24 years in to the band and has been 100% accepted as the lead singer now as well for the last 18 years ? The same would go for the rest of the band all be it not the same invested time.
To be honest the sound wont change too much without JJ just the bass work to be a bit different from another very competent Bass player as the next session player to join the band.
It would be funny if after Baz and JJ retire, the Stranglers continue on with new members, and then actually start making great music agian.