Hello!!!!!!!!

If you`re new to the site post in here and we`ll say hello! - Also if you haven`t posted in the last 3 months post here to keep your account alive - otherwise it will be removed.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Hello new people !

When you qualify for downloads, please don't flog them on ebay. It may stop the generous people on here sharing their stuff. That would be a real shitter from those of us banished overseas who can't get to gigs. We rely on these kind people to keep us in touch.

Paul
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

No worries - but we have a download section on this site (you have to get 100+ posts) if we have reason to believe people are profiting from selling these recordings then they get binned

Jim
the_toiler_on_the_tees wrote:
Bit crappy flogging CDRs though don`t you think?

Jim

Just Cdr's / compilations and videos for cheap or sometimes swap
lol, dont have an opinion on it really, people who buy em seem to think its ok.............. Its not as if i fool anybody into thinking theyre factory pressed.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
the_toiler_on_the_tees
SHAKESPEARO

Post by the_toiler_on_the_tees »

No worries - but we have a download section on this site (you have to get 100+ posts) if we have reason to believe people are profiting from selling these recordings then they get binned

Jim
understood. :-)
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Sorry to sound like a little hitler but it`s a sore point on these forums as fans are just exchanging trades with no money involved - purely as decent people and when you find out someone is flogging this on ebay and making easy money it`s not very nice. Plus I know the band and management take a dim view of it.

Anyway I`ll stop waffling on!

Jim

Jim
understood. :-)
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
the_toiler_on_the_tees
SHAKESPEARO

Post by the_toiler_on_the_tees »

yeah, i suppose i just thought, i myself would rather buy a cheap CDR for under a fiver than a "proper" bootleg of say a manchster apollo show with art work / "factory made" booklet for like £30 which is what they go for on there, coz its still the same music.

As for people downloading tracks from this fan site and selling them on EBAY, i totally agree with you. That's not on.

roz
Mad Hatter
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Mad Hatter »

I agree with this - I get really angry when I see people profiting from the band's work via e-bay. It's about time e-bay cracked down on this type of trading!
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Greetings from not the Middle of the North Sea.

Just started 6 weeks off on Holiday.

Phil, I've not forgotten, will email you in a few days.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Mad Hatter wrote:I agree with this - I get really angry when I see people profiting from the band's work via e-bay. It's about time e-bay cracked down on this type of trading!
Is This the way it's going now.

Before anyone asks, no it's not me.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.