50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by evonx »

I seem to remember JJ did not like Tomorrow Was at all so it would be surprising to get that. I could be wrong though.

They will unearth some gems of course but 75% will be what we know. Which seems ok, you can't tour just to please the 10% extremist fans we are now can you?
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

So long as they don’t play ghost train
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

marky wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 08:13 So long as they don’t play ghost train
More likely to see Hugh playing that one.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'd like Since you went away and even You don't think what you've done is wrong!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 18:24 I'd like Since you went away and even You don't think what you've done is wrong!
Yes your right they are both good tracks again I like everyone doesn't know the set list in store for this tour but I can only imagine big numbers tbh...and a lot of big hit numbers from the past after all this is the 50th tour and I just can't imagine them playing on this tour anyway the two you have named but hey they might do and I'm wrong.
It's gonna be I can imagine business as usual with the classics they have to be done and played like Baz would say but with a few changes is what they normally do each year....but I'm hoping for something more,different and special at the RAH.....we'll see.......strings with songs please lol
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 16:01 I seem to remember JJ did not like Tomorrow Was at all so it would be surprising to get that. I could be wrong though.

They will unearth some gems of course but 75% will be what we know. Which seems ok, you can't tour just to please the 10% extremist fans we are now can you?
i think your right about knowing 75% of the tour ...they are thinking of the audience that go there as a whose come to here the Stranglers classics so they will play safe and do the expected and wanted ones with a few extra chucked in for maybe us small percent of the audience make up who want to hear different.
Maybe like you say JJ doesn't like Tomorrow Was and if that's the case then we ain't gonna get it then lol...not unless the rest of the band like it and feel it would be good to do a track that hasn't been done for the 50th...
We'll get what they want to do but I do wish they would do just a few changes like the many who want Hallow or Too Precious as two well known examples for the hardcore fans to give them a track or two which I still think is a very small perectage of a setlists overall make up doing songs they want to hear.
That's the difference between the two camps I can't think of a period of time in Hugh's solo career where his setlist has been the same year after year ...and I like that in him....variety.
But they both do very well overall live with what they do and both do try hard to give their best to send fans home feeling happy.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Does anyone think we'll get any new material?
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

jason wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 01:23 Does anyone think we'll get any new material?
No. Not a chance.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 01:23 Does anyone think we'll get any new material?
Probably not as a guess but who knows they might just spring a song or two.
Talking of new material I wonder if they have started anything over this winter period like they said they might if I remember correctly from having lots of ideas,you never know we might get one they really know like Sisterhood.
I would expect a 50th tour with the big old hits mainly from the first 4 albums like they have doing for many a year now.
But it would be nice if we heard something new as we know from past tours they do just like to try a few out first at gigs on fans like they did with about 3 or 4 of MOM songs before the album release....let's hope so but I wouldn't hold out on hearing new material on the 50th tour but.......never say never.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

toilerinblack wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 19:34 like they did with about 3 or 4 of MOM songs before the album release
I don't remember hearing them cover any of the songs from Hugh's most recent album.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

droopsnoot wrote: 18 Jan 2024, 09:56
toilerinblack wrote: 17 Jan 2024, 19:34 like they did with about 3 or 4 of MOM songs before the album release
I don't remember hearing them cover any of the songs from Hugh's most recent album.
Blimey my wires were crossed....lol
It happens when I'm talking a lot about both camps lol
I've only just spotted the obvious mistake pointed out by you.....
Sorry I meant DM lol
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

I see Baz talking in the Bristol Live in the what's on talking about the tour...saying they still get on and when they don't then it's time to stop.