50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by toilerinblack »

gjinblack wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 23:04 Not counting the Enough Time intro becoming Curfew, then the first proper segue would be Shah into Ice which was hinted at on the album.
From then on, unrelated tracks were segued.
Does this need a thread of its own?
Tracks and tours etc.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
Yeah how good was that like yoy say.......Shah/Ice.........just superb!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 00:57
aldinblack wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 00:54 They have at least played Two Sunspots and 4 Horsemen in recent years with Baz, as well as Thrown Away of course.
So Baz can't hate the album that much

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk
And they did JLNOE with Baz,but really didn't work.Major Kudu.
I thought Baz did ok on the JLNOE versions I've heard.
I would like to hear more from the Raven and La Folie.....let's here Ice again,LMITYTF,JLNOE ,Baz can do good versions of those two I think .
Who wants the world ,Fools rush out,European Female would all be good too....there's so many.
Actually as already has been said on here that with Baz they have done quite a few from the Gospel when you look at it overall,so I don't think there's been avoidence at all...i just want them to take on the big numbers,Hallow and Second Coming...lol
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Waiting For TheMeninBlack would be my no.1 choice to play live now, apart from Hallow, notwithstanding Baz's fucking up of the vocals lol

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'd like to hear a few b sides like Since you went away and Life's too short and some album tracks like Barbara and Into the fire.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 20:12 I'd like to hear a few b sides like Since you went away and Life's too short and some album tracks like Barbara and Into the fire.
Excellent choice.......life's too short agreed
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 20:12 I'd like to hear a few b sides like Since you went away and Life's too short and some album tracks like Barbara and Into the fire.
Yes into the fire ! but I don't know how good the vocals would sound because for me it's one of Paul's songs where his vocals just own it.....but love the song good choice though.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

How about a brilliant vocals from JJ with...........Tomorrow Was!
The long guitar parts would be excellent and this song would certainly keep Jim busy all the way through....Jet was amazing on this song.
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

toilerinblack wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 21:10 How about a brilliant vocals from JJ with...........Tomorrow Was!
The long guitar parts would be excellent and this song would certainly keep Jim busy all the way through....Jet was amazing on this song.
Now ur talking would to hear that live
We might get a few JJ vocals on this Anniversary
SBC
5 Mins
Raven
Thrown away
European female
La Folie
and hopefully my fav song Dagenham Dave
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

toilerinblack wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 21:10 How about a brilliant vocals from JJ with...........Tomorrow Was!
I have a feeling that they will dust this one off for the 50th.
Let's Boogie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

markorbit wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 22:09
I have a feeling that they will dust this one off for the 50th.
I hope so it would be brilliant and appropriate for the 50th and I think they would do an amazing version of it 1) because it would still be JJ singing it like the old days....rolling back the years in fact tomorrow Was /GBG would mix togehter well one into the other now that would be cooking for about 10 mins lol.and with Tomorrow Was musically they will be spot on and Baz would breeze through the lead parts there's nothing complicated for him as a guitarist...I'm hoping they do this track I've always loved it.

Another good blast from the past would be.........Choose Susie
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

toneinstoke wrote: 16 May 2023, 19:24 It's Glasgow FFS, and it's a wonderful atmosphere ever time I've been !
Yes I've heard that again and again over the years that they done some cracking gigs in Glasgow and I've heard some blinders there too.
Never been up there myself to far away lol....but those who have gone there have been treated many times to great gigs.
We are in their 50th year now and I'm in the thick of the "Turn Half Centuries Turn" poem from me to tribute their 50th year...it will be my last one so I'm trying to make it the best one for all members who have contributed from the very beginning to present.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I think it's pure coincidence but Toby just said the setlist is "top secret"

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"