50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

twatinblack
Down In The Sewer

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by twatinblack »

alaninblack wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 23:34
kenl wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 20:18
twatinblack wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 22:27 It's going to be impossible to top the 1981 meninblack tour when they played shah into hallow. Just superb!!! Also why don't they do any song transitions anymore? I swear every tour during the mk1 era had atleast two songs that segued into each other.
Really, I do not remember that at all.

On Hallow, it is in my top few songs by the band. Possibly 2nd behind the best song ever written, Water, oops, I mean the Raven.
Yep they defiantly did. Not sure if it made it to the UK though (i dont remember it), but it was part of the set in the US

https://auralsculptors.blogspot.com/202 ... april.html

The gig above is well worth a listen, and god did all the MiB tracks sound so much better live. The above also has Meninblack without the vocal affects.
I think the classic Edinbrough playhouse recording did showcase that segue aswell.
airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by airflamesred »

evonx wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 21:01 Baz doesn't like the Gospel according to the MIB lp at all but hey, the money's still good ;)
Indeed, so I might suggest he borrow a copy of said album from a forum member and familiarise himself with it.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

They have at least played Two Sunspots and 4 Horsemen in recent years with Baz, as well as Thrown Away of course.
So Baz can't hate the album that much

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

aldinblack wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 00:54 They have at least played Two Sunspots and 4 Horsemen in recent years with Baz, as well as Thrown Away of course.

And they did JLNOE with Baz,but really didn't work.Major Kudu.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

Greatkudu wrote:
aldinblack wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 00:54 They have at least played Two Sunspots and 4 Horsemen in recent years with Baz, as well as Thrown Away of course.

And they did JLNOE with Baz,but really didn't work.Major Kudu.
Love it or hate it, he does as he's told.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I think it's JJ that (in the end) decides the songs they work on for a tour although I trust the young lads suggest some songs too.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
cassini
Ugly
Ugly

Post by cassini »

bit disappointing that JJ said in his recent French interview that no new Stranglers album is in the pipeline currently, especially after raising our hopes that they would spend the winter in the recording studio. It now looks like he is keener to get a French langauge solo album out instead
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

cassini wrote:bit disappointing that JJ said in his recent French interview that no new Stranglers album is in the pipeline currently, especially after raising our hopes that they would spend the winter in the recording studio. It now looks like he is keener to get a French langauge solo album out instead
This was also mentioned in the book

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

bit disappointing that JJ said in his recent French interview that no new Stranglers album is in the pipeline currently, especially after raising our hopes that they would spend the winter in the recording studio. It now looks like he is keener to get a French langauge solo album out instead
He's still ambitouous enough to bring us both. A "Jour Parfait" -ish 2024 album would suit me fine I dare say.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Mart
Rats Rally

Post by Mart »

Boody wrote: 16 May 2023, 15:46 Same as usual. And sad as it is, I feel like my days of seeing the world’s greatest band have drawn to a close. Royal Albert Hall? Nah. As for Glasgow - what was wrong with the Academy? And no Birmingham date?
Cant see any reason to stop seeing them after the 50th tour because one day they really will finish.
No Birmingham date but they are at the Halls, which is a great venue after the refurb, saw Siouxsie there and was very impressed.
When i rest my weary head after all my words are said
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

evonx wrote:
I think it's JJ that (in the end) decides the songs they work on for a tour although I trust the young lads suggest some songs too.
yes, well with Baz being a more "conventional rocker" type of guy Gospel wouldn't really be his kind of album I guess, but that doesn't mean he hates it.
Although JJ is the overall boss that doesn't mean he does whatever he wants and the others, especially Baz, just have to do it whether they like it or not.
One thing is clear about Baz Is that he has respect for the Stranglers and the stuff they've done, even if some of it is not his cup of tea.

I Hate You !
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

evonx wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 10:27
He's still ambitouous enough to bring us both. A "Jour Parfait" -ish 2024 album would suit me fine I dare say.
Me too (not the movement 🤭)