Jj in Sunday telegragh

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Jj in Sunday telegragh

Post by theraven1979 »

They should've got Bananaramma to support

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

aldinblack wrote: 22 Nov 2023, 00:15
Greatkudu wrote:
aldinblack wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 18:35 really ? Where's the evidence, were you involved?

Sent from my moto g62 5G using Tapatalk
Yes I supplied Organic Bananas for ease of use got them from a man called Arthur at the East India docks,the Stranglers manager at the time used to give me a pony for them and back stage pass so I could witness the efficiency of the product I was supplying,then Hugh and JJ would sign the skins, great times.Major Kudu.
ah I see, you were just the supplier, not the receiver...fair enough..

:shock: :lol:
Shush this is serious
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

aldinblack wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 18:35
Greatkudu wrote:
aldinblack wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 13:13 Some of JJ's comments / stories obviously need to be taken with a pinch of salt..

Even the banana stuff, I mean I don't doubt the stunt itself was attempted. But come on bananas are soft and squiggy and it just wouldn't work properly IMO.

Without a doubt it definitely did happen,there is Photographic evidence,how the fuck they got away with it.Major Kudu.
really ? Where's the evidence, were you involved?

For many years in the 80’s me and me mates did 3-4 Stranglers gigs per tour and once ended up in delightful Preston at the Guildhall. Not a venue I thought The Stranglers would play and Preston is even worse than Leeds to navigate through. Anyway I digress, but I clearly remember quite a few stage invaders there and JJ got hold of one of them and refused to let him go. Hugh walked off stage left and returned with a big grin on his face and a Chocolate Eclair in his hand. The stage invaders trousers and pants were pulled down and in went the Chocolate Eclair. Obviously not as effective as a banana but stage invader ended with a bit of a mess on his arse. My girlfriend at the time enjoyed it, not something id like to see again tbh but it was very funny at the time.
Shush this is serious
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote:
aldinblack wrote: 21 Nov 2023, 18:35
Greatkudu wrote: Without a doubt it definitely did happen,there is Photographic evidence,how the fuck they got away with it.Major Kudu.
really ? Where's the evidence, were you involved?

For many years in the 80’s me and me mates did 3-4 Stranglers gigs per tour and once ended up in delightful Preston at the Guildhall. Not a venue I thought The Stranglers would play and Preston is even worse than Leeds to navigate through. Anyway I digress, but I clearly remember quite a few stage invaders there and JJ got hold of one of them and refused to let him go. Hugh walked off stage left and returned with a big grin on his face and a Chocolate Eclair in his hand. The stage invaders trousers and pants were pulled down and in went the Chocolate Eclair. Obviously not as effective as a banana but stage invader ended with a bit of a mess on his arse. My girlfriend at the time enjoyed it, not something id like to see again tbh but it was very funny at the time.
hahaha that's funny, a chocolate eclair of all things FFS, what a mess and what a memory for you lol !

I Hate You !
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I fancy a chocolate eclair,but not one inserted by Hugh or JJ.Major Styles.
giants
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by giants »

A great read, I will let you know when he's in the Sunday sport.