Dark Matters has it stood the test of time?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Dark Matters has it stood the test of time?

Post by jason »

Ruby wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 22:27 The best halves of NC and S16 would've made a great album.
Yes something like this for me would have been a brilliant album.

Norfolk Coast
Spectre
Long Black Veil
Slipping Away
I've Been Wild
Dutch Moon
Anything can happen
Into the fire
I don't agree
Bless you
Barbara
Relentless
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 21:18
jason wrote: 24 Oct 2023, 19:51 I don't really rank Norfolk Coast above Suite, Giants and Dark Matters. I think they are all pretty solid albums. Suite XVI is probably my favourite though.
Sir I think Giants is very underated,I think it's a really good album,but others disagree.Major Kudu.
Yes Giants does have some good tracks on it but not to the standard as previous ones with NC & Suite their two finst post Hugh ones for me only.
They apart from those two have many albums that have at least some great tracks on them amongst some not so good ones that if mixed together would make an excellent overall one.
I for one think WIR does have some great tracks to it's credit as does GIants too but each album only has a selected few to their name and if they were to do one overall greatest hits album tracks so to speak post Hugh over their last 30 odd years without him would certainly havel one seriously good album lol....whereas their two albums with NC & Suite doesn't have a bad track to it's name and had Paul stayed after finally getting their with his finest stamp and work on NC then Suite could of sounded even better vocally,even though I for one think their distinctive sound once again improved and returned overall after Paul and with Baz but at the expense of Paul's great missing vocals.....so it's swings and roundabouts that overall doesn't get it as good as it could be compared to the Hugh years that was sheer... perfection lol
There's a good topic a Stranglers best album from 1990-2023 lol (10-12 tracks)
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I still think DMs is a really good album,songs like White Stallion are top drawer, great poignant lyrics to, about the danger of China towards the end,so I think it will stand the test of time.Major Kudu.