Oh! NME!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Oh! NME!

Post by jetblacksdad »

remember when this used to be something to enjoy and revel in?

From the NME site today regarding U2

On hand for the shoot were Bono, guitarist the Edge, drummer Adam Clayton and bassist Larry Mullen Jr., the latter of whom is not performing at the band’s Sphere shows due to surgery recovery.

Drummer - Adam Clayton

How shit has it become that one of the biggest music news sources cannot even get the names of one of the biggest band's in the world right?

Shoot the journalist and the editor!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Oh! NME!

Post by ThinkTank »

jetblacksdad wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 09:15 remember when this used to be something to enjoy and revel in?

From the NME site today regarding U2

On hand for the shoot were Bono, guitarist the Edge, drummer Adam Clayton and bassist Larry Mullen Jr., the latter of whom is not performing at the band’s Sphere shows due to surgery recovery.

Drummer - Adam Clayton

How shit has it become that one of the biggest music news sources cannot even get the names of one of the biggest band's in the world right?

Shoot the journalist and the editor!
I think Music industry is more disposable and easy come easy go without much care. People today care more about the music in a casual way than whoever is in the band or who is playing up on stage its all about the short term fix which would include getting names right. Sign of the times so that doesn't surprise me at all and in many ways i am surprised it matters to you. The paper will reflect their audience of the day
Palais23
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Palais23 »

U2 in Vegas surrounded by 16,000 screens - no thanks!
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Palais23 wrote: 29 Sep 2023, 13:35 U2 in Vegas surrounded by 16,000 screens - no thanks!
Yeah i know what you mean i am not too keen on their "the big i am" persona that they have of themselves. I saw them at the longest day concert back in the 80s and i reluctantly and hating to admit, but have to say, they were really really good live.
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Maybe Adam and Larry have swapped instruments? 8)

But yeah, shocking but anyone under 30 may not have much idea about U2?
Let's Boogie
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I thought everybody stopped caring about the NME long before it ceased to be a print publication.