Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Your not so good gig experiences.

Post by ThinkTank »

gizzard wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 20:24
ThinkTank wrote: 10 Aug 2023, 14:34 This wasn't bad for me but a bit of a bummer for Morrisey fans. I think it was at Milton Keynes or reading but been to lots of festivals so they all blend in to one. Well anyway at this gig it was popular for the left side of the stage to have a throwing bottle fight with the right hand side of the stage (plastic bottles i should add). The bands that played that day just put up with it and the show continued. There really was at times a wall of bottles going left and right and i would hate to think what liquid filled those bottles..
So Morrisey comes out with a union Jack wrapped around him and was bating the audience a little bit. So what happens some of the bottle throwing turned on him of which he walked off stage red faced and all in a drama so that was the end of that set i think it lasted half way though the second song so maybe 6 minutes in all.
What was very interesting was Aswad was on later and they had the same treatment so the lead singer stops the gig and starts to have a go and explains how the fight isnt about us right here but the battle is else where blah blah but what was really great to see is that they won the audience totally over. The bottle throwing stopped and you could see that the lead singer got so carried away with his speech and overcoming the audience i remember him climbing to the top of a really high speaker that was wobbling from not being balanced. I thought there was going to be a death at one point but good on Aswad for showing how you deal with crowds like that. The whole crowd all really got in to them so big respect.
Wasn't this Madstock at Finsbury Park early nineties?
I have the Morrisey set on DVD.
Oh very possibly i just cant remember as all the support bands just blend into one at all those festivals i actually thought it was Amnesty International at Milton Keynes but i have been to Madstock at Finsbury so its more than possible it was there.