JJ interview - French

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Re: JJ interview - French

Post by ThinkTank »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 12 Aug 2023, 10:13
ThinkTank wrote: 12 Aug 2023, 09:54
toilerinblack wrote: 11 Aug 2023, 23:35

Yes..do you remember when he said good old typewriters I hate computers and they are sitting in the office next to eachother sending eschother emails...I mean that's not communication is it?
Give me good old fashioned typewriters,harmonicas,washboards....I laugh when I hear that.
He's right though lol
I think Kudu meant PC as in political correctness not personal computer either that or i got the wrong end of the stick. Easy mistake to make with all these damn abbreviations and talking about youtube as well :grin: I'm glad it wasnt me it usually is :smt004

I haven't heard Hugh say that before i always thought he would be a bit more technical than that you know with him being a bit scientific and all that. Wheres me washboard is another catch phrase btw :) Although the modern day devices does annoy me as well especially as you miss so much in life that is natural and rewarding about life allthough i am victim of it as well
Interesting to hear his take on it.
These two newish Characters are a bit of a Double Act. Imaginary Scenarios and far from Comedy Gold.
i dont really hear you say very much of your experiences other than being very dull at running to your library of info or google look it up of facts and figures to try and pull people up for getting the smallest detail wrong from 40 years ago.

I think of you as the sites Library assistant waiting patiently for someone to say something so you can quickly dampen any action with a "Shhhhh"

But if i am not very funny well we have something in common i dont think of myself as very funny either but just trying to enjoy other peoples stories and experiences.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 20:57
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 20:37

If Katherine Tate attempted that today she’d be cancelled and no doubt receive threats of death & rape & doxed from the insane tofu chomping wokerati.
Death & Rape & Doxed, hmmmm sounds similar to another song…
🤔
Ooh you are awful but I like you,that's another thread about PC etc,of course the Stranglers are or were the most un PC band ever,Hugh is always saying in interview how he hates PC, bring back Dick Emery,Dixon of Dock Green,Minder etc.Major Styles.
Yes..do you remember when he said good old typewriters I hate computers and they are sitting in the office next to eachother sending eschother emails...I mean that's not communication is it?
Give me good old fashioned typewriters,harmonicas,washboards....I laugh when I hear that.
He's right though lol
:lol:
Shush this is serious
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Ruby wrote: 12 Aug 2023, 10:43

Yes..do you remember when he said good old typewriters I hate computers
I think Kudu meant PC as in political correctness not personal computer either that or i got the wrong end of the stick.
:smt005 unintentionally hilarious.
It made me laugh to myself and i would even go as far to say its worth a comedy gold award :grin:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

ThinkTank wrote: 12 Aug 2023, 21:55
Ruby wrote: 12 Aug 2023, 10:43
I think Kudu meant PC as in political correctness not personal computer either that or i got the wrong end of the stick.
:smt005 unintentionally hilarious.
It made me laugh to myself and i would even go as far to say its worth a comedy gold award :grin:
I don't think Toiler was referring to my comment that the Stranglers were un PC, not the interview where Hugh mentions people emailing each other sitting next to each other? But who cares PC is so fucking boring you can't even pay a Lady a compliment now without being called sexist,I did at work a few weeks ago and she said thank you,of course I did it with my typical trademark Kudu subtlety :smt005 sorry to go off thread.Major Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Half a page of responses talking about the interview and two pages of whining about political correctness? Sounds about right.

Locking as topic has ran its course.