50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by stuartinblack »

[Me also glasgow and london 👍quote=Pigeon-M2 post_id=496864 time=1685097832 user_id=19597]
I have two tickets so far, one for Glasgow and one for Royal Albert hall Arena standing. I think the two sets will be one Acoustic Set, and one Electric set ,with a few JJ songs thrown in. I went to 3 of the french gigs this march, Rennes, Brest & Paris. & they were very good, as always the set changed, but we got mainly JJ songs "Never to look back", "European Female"& "La Folie". I think the JJ song's will be Rotated for the next tour, so we will get "Princess of the Street"
[/quote]
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Ruby wrote: 26 May 2023, 12:14 Albert Hall now sold out.I think they'll wrap it up with another London show that week or weekend.They're not going walk away from another few grand when they are already there in town with crew and gear.
We'll see if another London gig I ever added...they should of booked a couple of nights at the Royal Albert Hall I think that would of sold out too and when you see tickets being sold out that quick
Why should they stop now?
They are all earning their crust for the future but for me once the 50th has come and gone then we shall see if they end the entity on a high note or to continue on afterwards....mmmmm
I'd like to thank they still have a recording in the studio still left in the tank still but who knows it's very hard after DAve and Jet both gone...but they do seem to still be buzzing so much and all get in so well with renewed energy.....we will see.
Book more nights at the Albert Hall I say, at least another night...they used to like the Brixton acadamy but that's no longer so they could book where Hugh bowed out......The Ally I think would be a great alternative venue,but then that would be ironic would'nt it the same venue where Hugh left as a Strangler then the band could return for their 50th....who knows they may well be happy with the tour dates they've booked with no intentions to adding any more and end the tour as planned at the cream of the crop .....
The Royal Albert Hall......it really for me doesn't get any better than there.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

theraven1979 wrote: 19 May 2023, 22:05
strangledinAuch wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 19 May 2023, 15:03 No way that would happen. Even if there was a Scabies/Sensible hell freezes over moment Hugh has a pretty sizeable UK tour just before those Stranglers dates. IMO it should be the other way round anyway i.e JJ joining Hugh onstage to play some bass (if it helps you could call it "The Stranglers" if you wish)

Jim
With all due respect

I think JJ & friends will out sell Hugh & friends by some considerable distance
Possibly. I mean the new Ed Sheeran tour will likely outsell them both. So yeah good point

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Ed Spearman & the stranglers
you've lost me
See You At The Bar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

strangledinAuch wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 19 May 2023, 22:05
strangledinAuch wrote: With all due respect

I think JJ & friends will out sell Hugh & friends by some considerable distance
Possibly. I mean the new Ed Sheeran tour will likely outsell them both. So yeah good point

Jim

you've lost me
Not difficult!

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Oh please let's not mention Ed Shitpants, even on OP Java Pt 2 I couldn't escape his crap warbling.Major Kudu.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

theraven1979 wrote: 02 Jun 2023, 21:18
strangledinAuch wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 19 May 2023, 22:05 Possibly. I mean the new Ed Sheeran tour will likely outsell them both. So yeah good point

Jim

you've lost me
Not difficult!

Jim

Is Ed playing stranglers songs intermittently between his own material?
See You At The Bar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

strangledinAuch wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 02 Jun 2023, 21:18
strangledinAuch wrote: Ed Spearman & the stranglers
you've lost me
Not difficult!

Jim

Is Ed playing stranglers songs intermittently between his own material?
Not completely intermittently

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

“a two-set special of longer pieces and more dynamic work”

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/sco ... e-station/
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Bear Cage wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 09:12 “a two-set special of longer pieces and more dynamic work”

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/sco ... e-station/
Sounds interesting!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Obviously the Stranglers will out sell Hugh he's just a small time solo artist who left his successful brand name band that hasn't reached the same heights since his departure for obvious reasons for me the band can never be compared with Hugh's career I think not unless your names Paul Weller for one example as a former frontmans career compared his still ongoing former band.
If Hugh was still there with the band for their 50th they could of booked the Royal Albert Hall out for a week and Wembly too lol....only joking..it's such a shame he's not with them but it is how it is and at least they have both produced great material separately and both seem happy as they are which is the main thing at the end of the day and fans can still see both if they want to........Happy days.
So overall it's still all good on the Eastern front.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 05 Jun 2023, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

toilerinblack wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 11:14 Obviously the Stranglers will out sell Hugh he's just a small time solo artist who left his successful brand name band that hasn't reached the same heights since his departure for obvious reasons for me the same band can never be compared with eachothers career I think not unless your names Paul Weller for one example as a former frontmans career compared to the still ongoing former band.
If Hugh was still there with the band for their 50th they could of booked the Royal Albert Hall out for a week and Wembly too lol....only joking..it's such a shame he's not with them but it is how it is and at least they have both produced great material separately and both seem happy as they are which is the main thing at the end of the day and fans can still see both if they want to........Happy days.
Sir it's actually shit on the Eastern front at the moment.Major Kudu.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 05 Jun 2023, 21:25
toilerinblack wrote: 04 Jun 2023, 11:14 Obviously the Stranglers will out sell Hugh he's just a small time solo artist who left his successful brand name band that hasn't reached the same heights since his departure for obvious reasons for me the same band can never be compared with eachothers career I think not unless your names Paul Weller for one example as a former frontmans career compared to the still ongoing former band.
Sir it's actually shit on the Eastern front at the moment.Major Kudu.
Yes you are very right in what you say and it is so sad to see how the world is going we all wish for world peace long term,I was actually refereing to the Stranglers song and not anything else outside of the band,again let's hope for a better place around the world .
I hope next years 50th is going to live up to it's name and they do something specifically to Mark the occasion,i'm looking forwards to the 50th and seeing Hugh again too.