Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Algy Ward RIP

Post by Cells&Plasma »

theraven1979 wrote: 22 May 2023, 09:52 Best known for his bass playing on The Damned's Machine Gun Etiquette

Jim
Yeah saw that earlier and he was only 63. He lived in my Town too. His Band Tank were also very good.
Josh
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Josh »

RIP. Not been a good week for bass players, with Andy Rourke and John Giblin passing too.
Never say goodbye,
For we'll all be with you someday,
Fond adieus but never say goodbye
markorbit
Ugly
Ugly

Post by markorbit »

Josh wrote: 22 May 2023, 13:12 RIP. Not been a good week for bass players, with Andy Rourke and John Giblin passing too.
Indeed. After Algy left The Damned I bought the Tank first album 'Filth Hounds of Hades' some of which I liked. I know Algy had not been well for a few years. Unfortunately all those punks and pop stars are at that age now :-( RIP
Let's Boogie
BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Post by BikerinBlack »

RIP Algy met him after a Tank gig when they were the support for Girlschool as his brother was his rodie and as he was getting their gear off stage saw that my brother had a Damned t shirt on and me a stranglers one on ,so had a chat with us and invited us back stage to meet Algy .
He was a down to earth bloke got us a couple of drinks each and put us on guest list for Sheffield gig a few days latter