50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by ThinkTank »

toilerinblack wrote: 23 May 2023, 17:50 Tallking of Leicester and the Ally 10 tour something that's always puzzled me was there ever the need to have JE on stage with Hugh too? The two guitars I felt smutherd the songs and his addition for me was never right or needed but that's just my opinion and that's nothing against John at all he's a sure fine guitarist for sure and I have liked a lot of his work especially on WIR and ITN....it's more for me that I felt it wasn't needed on those great as they were Mk1 songs making them sound for me squashed and over the top...but may others will differ on that opinion.
I kind of get the fullness of the brass and some clever little addition bits from John adding to a full stage sound production but for me I remember I couldn't at the Ally really hear Hugh's guitaring much it was more of a case of John's over Hugh's,but Hugh's vocal sound there was amazing .
Yeah i agree i never really liked his presence in the Stranglers. He was a mate though wasn't he back then and i think when they was asked at the time Hugh said it was to give him breathing space and more time to concentrate on the vocals . I always thought Hugh did perfectly well on his own before John joined . In those days John wasn't officially a member though was he ? I'm sure he was just helping out and when Hugh left they took John on fully.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

toilerinblack wrote: 23 May 2023, 17:50 Tallking of Leicester and the Ally 10 tour something that's always puzzled me was there ever the need to have JE on stage with Hugh too?
Was it part of the whole 10 thing, big producer, big sound, that was some idea about getting the band a US tour.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Frederik wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 23 May 2023, 17:50 Tallking of Leicester and the Ally 10 tour something that's always puzzled me was there ever the need to have JE on stage with Hugh too?
Was it part of the whole 10 thing, big producer, big sound, that was some idea about getting the band a US tour.
It was because Hugh had many guitar tracks on 10 that required an extra guitarist. So they brought the boy Ellis in to try and replicate them. Like the brass (kind of) they then decided he might as will play on most of the other songs in the set list

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Thinking its the 50th i bet they film it with a release and a new Live album as well its got to be on the cards i would think.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

ThinkTank wrote: 24 May 2023, 09:01 Thinking its the 50th i bet they film it with a release and a new Live album as well its got to be on the cards i would think.
Yes good point.
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

Someone has uploaded Leicester on the 10 tour,to you tube.
Last edited by Ruby on 24 May 2023, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Leicester has been posted and discussed on the mark 1 thread
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

a new Live album as well
oh I cannot wait :lol:
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

evonx wrote: 24 May 2023, 16:33
a new Live album as well
Ha ha yes. Well they would be mad not to and there is no Baz official Live release as far as i know and its a good chance for the band to prove how good Baz is and me wrong and make me eat my words lol :P
It would definitely be a commercial success i think.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

ThinkTank wrote:
a new Live album as well
Ha ha yes. Well they would be mad not to and there is no Baz official Live release as far as i know and its a good chance for the band to prove how good Baz is and me wrong and make me eat my words lol :P
Feel it Live and Black & White live are both live albums with Baz on vocals. I’ve played both of them once…
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Boody wrote: 24 May 2023, 16:40
ThinkTank wrote:

Feel it Live and Black & White live are both live albums with Baz on vocals. I’ve played both of them once…
Now thats a review that sounds like i have really missed out lol
Thanks for the info i have never seen either of them
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

ThinkTank wrote: 24 May 2023, 16:47
Boody wrote: 24 May 2023, 16:40
ThinkTank wrote:
Now thats a review that sounds like i have really missed out lol
Thanks for the info i have never seen either of them
There was also the Meninblackintokyo album which literally only came out last year. It was alright, but nothing mind-blowing, and I don't know whether it would qualify as a commercial success or not.
I would imagine that there *will* be a golden anniversary live album but it would need to have a pretty radical setlist to distinguish it from all the other ones. They don't get listened to very often here at Parasite HQ.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"