50th Anniversary Setlist?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Re: 50th Anniversary Setlist?

Post by Ruby »

Maybe Hugh could support from the phone box opposite.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

theraven1979 wrote: 19 May 2023, 15:03 No way that would happen. Even if there was a Scabies/Sensible hell freezes over moment Hugh has a pretty sizeable UK tour just before those Stranglers dates. IMO it should be the other way round anyway i.e JJ joining Hugh onstage to play some bass (if it helps you could call it "The Stranglers" if you wish)

Jim
With all due respect

I think JJ & friends will out sell Hugh & friends by some considerable distance
See You At The Bar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

strangledinAuch wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 19 May 2023, 15:03 No way that would happen. Even if there was a Scabies/Sensible hell freezes over moment Hugh has a pretty sizeable UK tour just before those Stranglers dates. IMO it should be the other way round anyway i.e JJ joining Hugh onstage to play some bass (if it helps you could call it "The Stranglers" if you wish)

Jim
With all due respect

I think JJ & friends will out sell Hugh & friends by some considerable distance
Possibly. I mean the new Ed Sheeran tour will likely outsell them both. So yeah good point

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
stuartinblack
Rats Rally

Post by stuartinblack »

jeromeinparis wrote: 19 May 2023, 17:11 Royal Albert Hall nearly sold out ? If it's true, waouh !
https://www.gigsandtours.com/event/the- ... on/2647298
I can only access restricted view and only offering me 3 tickets which obviously I don't want 😡
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

markorbit wrote: 19 May 2023, 13:56 I think the band will be open to trying any rarely played tracks including Hallow. What we end up with is what they think will have worked. Nothing will be off the table for the 50th. I hope.
Well I think most would love them to tackle taking on Hallow but I don't think they will some how I don't know why but the Gospel isn't every band members cup of tea for whatever reason as to why not to the underated masterpiece of an album.
I've a feeling this 50th is going to be a massive successful tour for them and being their 50th it's going bring a fair bit of much needed and thankful social media attention to the band.
That won't be the same for solo Hugh even though I'm sure next year it will constantly be brought up with him being the 50th but it'll be 34 years in his past history so he might do a few unexpected old songs and surprises to mark his major contribution to it in his own way but I honestly don't think he'll care to much he's far to busy doing his own thing.
Next year is all about the entity's 50th that is still currently going so they will Reap it in and not so much Hugh,but I'm sure he will be reminded again and again in 24 that could help him on his own tours away from the band .
I'd love to see him continuing with the two never been performed before feature to his tours such a great idea and crowd interest puller.
Do a revitalised Wasted or My Young Dreams Hugh in only the way he does and can today I'd love to hear those two live.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

stuartinblack wrote: 19 May 2023, 22:13
jeromeinparis wrote: 19 May 2023, 17:11 Royal Albert Hall nearly sold out ? If it's true, waouh !
I can only access restricted view and only offering me 3 tickets which obviously I don't want 😡
Gallery Standing tickets on the RAH website

Review
Standing in the gallery ok....but not great...
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserR ... gland.html
Last edited by Frederik on 20 May 2023, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

Best check the venue websites for tickets and prices.

Seems G&G \ TM have a block on a load of seats which show as Unavailable on the venue websites,
but the venue may have seats available which are not part of the G&G \ TM allocation, and less booking fees.
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Frederik wrote: 20 May 2023, 01:58
stuartinblack wrote: 19 May 2023, 22:13
Gallery Standing tickets on the RAH website

Review
Standing in the gallery ok....but not great...
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserR ... gland.html
We watched the Buzzcocks ‘Pete Shelley tribute’ gig from standing up there. Enjoyable but very different way to watch a gig; a good view but from high and far away.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

I will go and see them at Portsmouth Guildhall and hope that they perform Hallow and 4 horsemen plus some of their more obscure stuff but I won’t be surprised if it’s the greatest hits package
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

markorbit wrote: 19 May 2023, 17:23
theraven1979 wrote: 19 May 2023, 14:19 Whilst I wish that was true they barely rehearse. JJ is in France. And it has to be GH for a 50th surely?
Jim
What's GH? :lol:
Greatest Hits set list.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Ruby
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ruby »

droopsnoot wrote: 20 May 2023, 18:14

Greatest Hits set list.
I was wondering myself.It's like a code on here sometimes,people using abbreviations because they can't be arsed typing two or three words. :lol:
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Ruby wrote:
droopsnoot wrote: 20 May 2023, 18:14

Greatest Hits set list.
I was wondering myself.It's like a code on here sometimes,people using abbreviations because they can't be arsed typing two or three words. :lol:
Yes and as for TaYRRtOOT (Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round Round the Old Oak Tree)…
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.