Anyone going to Paris?

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Anyone going to Paris?

Post by Greatkudu »

evonx wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 20:51
saw some footage from Paris Olympia and during Heroes the Chap with the Mohican and Kilt gets on the stage,who
That is Thierry from Belgium who has been doing this one man stage Invasion for years now. You must have seen him around I suppose. Don't ask me what a Belgian kilt means though...
Do the band mind him getting on the stage? JJ doesn't look to happy in the video of Olympia,they obviously know him,but I know they have a policy of not wanting any fans on stage now,unlike years ago.Major Kudu
ThinkTank
Ugly
Ugly

Post by ThinkTank »

Greatkudu wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 17:56
evonx wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 20:51
saw some footage from Paris Olympia and during Heroes the Chap with the Mohican and Kilt gets on the stage,who
That is Thierry from Belgium who has been doing this one man stage Invasion for years now. You must have seen him around I suppose. Don't ask me what a Belgian kilt means though...
Do the band mind him getting on the stage? JJ doesn't look to happy in the video of Olympia,they obviously know him,but I know they have a policy of not wanting any fans on stage now,unlike years ago.Major Kudu

I am just guessing but i would think not. Their equipment would be expensive and vulnerable to a seemingly drunk person dancing about and also drunk people are unpredictable of what they may do next. I am wondering about health and safety as well in as far who is responsible if he falls off stage and breaks something or worst. Could the fan sue if he wanted for allowing him to get on stage and hurt himself i do think the world has gone mad at times in this subject so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a protocol the band needs to adhere to.

Then of course JJ needs to look rock n roll and allow it to happen while he keeps a close eye on the fan and find the thing annoying as he would rather be relaxed playing the songs with out distraction.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Cells&Plasma wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 18:42 blue catfish face.jpg
ThinkTank wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 18:35
Greatkudu wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 17:56

I am just guessing but i would think not. Their equipment would be expensive and vulnerable to a seemingly drunk person dancing about and also drunk people are unpredictable of what they may do next. I am wondering about health and safety as well in as far who is responsible if he falls off stage and breaks something or worst. Could the fan sue if he wanted for allowing him to get on stage and hurt himself i do think the world has gone mad at times in this subject so it wouldn't surprise me if there was a protocol the band needs to adhere to.

Then of course JJ needs to look rock n roll and allow it to happen while he keeps a close eye on the fan and find the thing annoying as he would rather be relaxed playing the songs with out distraction.
No prefer Red Snapper John.Major Kudu
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Jet always praised Paul by the way.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

marky wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 06:31 Ally pally was an awful gig if ever there was a film to show a band utterly disengaged with each other this was it and let’s not mention John Ellis and the brass section
Indeed, that would seem to be the consensus (for good reason) and fortunately the film lays that bare for all to see so incredibly clearly that it doesn't actually matter whether one was there or not. It's blatant. However, people are still very much talking about that gig all this time later because of what it represents. I suspect strongly that a 2023 JJ Burnel & Friends gig at L'Olympia will not be getting talked about in the same way in decades to come. If ever.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

StanInBlack wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 00:46 I suspect strongly that a 2023 JJ Burnel & Friends gig at L'Olympia will not be getting talked about in the same way in decades to come. If ever.
Not even if Cells posts that photo of the front of the venue again? :wink:
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Perhaps JJ contemplates getting the old stranglers vs fans 'banana up the bum' back without getting sued
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 00:46
marky wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 06:31 Ally pally was an awful gig if ever there was a film to show a band utterly disengaged with each other this was it and let’s not mention John Ellis and the brass section
Indeed, that would seem to be the consensus (for good reason) and fortunately the film lays that bare for all to see so incredibly clearly that it doesn't actually matter whether one was there or not. It's blatant. However, people are still very much talking about that gig all this time later because of what it represents. I suspect strongly that a 2023 JJ Burnel & Friends gig at L'Olympia will not be getting talked about in the same way in decades to come. If ever.
The thing with the Ally Pally gig,at the time everyone enjoyed it,I was lucky to be their And we all thought it was a great gig,it's only when I saw video that it became apparent that it was lacklustre,but at the time the huge crowd loved it.Major Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Seems like there's a fair few of us talking about the Ally Pally gig and NOT the recent Olympia gig and it's only been days since it happened :lol:

Oh and I'm binning that fish pic someone keeps posting as it is gross.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I wish someone would put an in depth review of Olympia, from clips I have seen a few mistakes,Baz totally fooks up the Heroes solo,but at least you know it's live apart from alot of backing in Stallion and Moon,it doesn't look the greatest performance they have done,but different if you are their as we know.Major Kudu.
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

Greatkudu wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 13:49 I wish someone would put an in depth review of Olympia, from clips I have seen a few mistakes,Baz totally fooks up the Heroes solo,but at least you know it's live apart from alot of backing in Stallion and Moon,it doesn't look the greatest performance they have done,but different if you are their as we know.Major Kudu.
https://www.benzinemag.net/2023/03/17/l ... respectee/

if you want any bits translated let me know
but basically it was a fantastic evening with the traditional couple of scraps :lol:
See You At The Bar
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

strangledinAuch wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 19:28
Greatkudu wrote: 22 Mar 2023, 13:49 I wish someone would put an in depth review of Olympia, from clips I have seen a few mistakes,Baz totally fooks up the Heroes solo,but at least you know it's live apart from alot of backing in Stallion and Moon,it doesn't look the greatest performance they have done,but different if you are their as we know.Major Kudu.
https://www.benzinemag.net/2023/03/17/l ... respectee/

if you want any bits translated let me know
but basically it was a fantastic evening with the traditional couple of scraps :lol:
Thanks Sir.