50th anniversary

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: 50th anniversary

Post by Greatkudu »

Limited edition Gold Disc priced at £2,000 with signed Photo of band,and limited edition Baseball Top made to order with your name on it priced at £100.Capt Kudu. :smt005
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

theraven1979 wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 15:45 No doubt a "Greatest Greatest Hits" compilation to cash in on the occasion also.

Jim
Excellent , haven't had one for at least a decade 😁, last one I bought was Hits and Heroes I think .
They don't seem to vary that much 🤔😁.
All quiet ..........
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

The whole 50th could become quite a money earner for the band in merchandise with every thing having the 50th on it....1974-2024 50th!
Anyway i can't be doing with new packaged sleeve covers to like so many previous different combination albums with the same songs but a different sleeve cover, for me i have the original recordings and that's good enough for me as the songs won't change because it's delivered in a new pic sleeve cover or packaged differently, with a different order but the same songs,but fair play to them for reaching such a deserved milestone and formation achievement and good luck to them for they deserve all they get even though two of the original giants and heart of the band aren't here to see it in too which is so sad and a real shame as they both came so close to reaching the 50th themselves too but who will always be remembered,admired and their work will carry on being listened to by so many giving them enjoyment for their part in making this band one of the best and who they are today for sure because of those missed members today and obviously Hugh himself we have the original four to thank for a 50th even taking place at all.
For me today i'm more intrested in two things 1) what if at all will their 50th celebration and set list consist of? and 2) Hearing anything new from them with hopefully another new album at some point before they call time.
I'm just not intrested in a new greatest hits or a repackaged combination album even if it has a 50th on it.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 26 Jan 2023, 22:55, edited 5 times in total.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It's quite incredible that a band can still exist after 50 years isn't it!
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

jason wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 19:57 It's quite incredible that a band can still exist after 50 years isn't it!
Yep.....Amazing! they should all be so proud! i'm proud to be a fan after 50 years....quite incredible really for them and the main man too.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

jason wrote:It's quite incredible that a band can still exist after 50 years isn't it!
Well in one shape or form I guess

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 20:13
jason wrote:It's quite incredible that a band can still exist after 50 years isn't it!
Well in one shape or form I guess

Jim

Well yes but Hugh is still performing as well so 50% of the original band are still going strong!
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

toilerinblack wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 19:24 The whole 50th could become quite a money earner for the band in merchandise with every thing having the 50th on it....1974-2024 50th!
Anyway i can't be doing with new packaged sleeve covers to like so many previous different combination albums with the same songs but a different sleeve cover, for me i have the original recordings and that's good enough for me as the songs won't change because it's delivered in a new pic sleeve cover or packaged differently,but fair play to them for reaching such a deserved milestone and formation achievement which will be a good earner for the brand named entity as far as the merchandise in 2024 is concerned with clever thought out 50th artworks to all items with the red logo on it lol and good luck to them for they deserve all they get even though two of the originals aren't here to see it in too which is so sad and a real shame as they both came so close to reaching the 50th themselves too who will always be remembered,admired and their work will carry on being listened to by so many giving them enjoyment for their part in making this band one of the best and who they are today for sure.
For me rather than what combination album with what new artwork will be on the front i'm more intrested in two things 1) what if at all will their special 50th celebration and set list consist of? and 2) Hearing anything new from them with hopefully another new album at some point maybe in the 50th year as i don't know how much material they had left after DM that they could use ...Sisterhood being a possible one for a start before they ever call time .... that i would be very intrested to hear and own.
That is a massive block of Thoughts and Rants with hardly any Punctuation or Paragraphs.

Give me a Day to absorb it's Contents please. 😅🤣😂
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Cells&Plasma wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 19:24 The whole 50th could become quite a money earner for the band in merchandise with every thing having the 50th on it....1974-2024 50th!
Anyway i can't be doing with new packaged sleeve covers to like so many previous different combination albums with the same songs but a different sleeve cover, for me i have the original recordings and that's good enough for me as the songs won't change because it's delivered in a new pic sleeve cover or packaged differently,but fair play to them for reaching such a deserved milestone and formation achievement which will be a good earner for the brand named entity as far as the merchandise in 2024 is concerned with clever thought out 50th artworks to all items with the red logo on it lol and good luck to them for they deserve all they get even though two of the originals aren't here to see it in too which is so sad and a real shame as they both came so close to reaching the 50th themselves too who will always be remembered,admired and their work will carry on being listened to by so many giving them enjoyment for their part in making this band one of the best and who they are today for sure.
For me rather than what combination album with what new artwork will be on the front i'm more intrested in two things 1) what if at all will their special 50th celebration and set list consist of? and 2) Hearing anything new from them with hopefully another new album at some point maybe in the 50th year as i don't know how much material they had left after DM that they could use ...Sisterhood being a possible one for a start before they ever call time .... that i would be very intrested to hear and own.
That is a massive block of Thoughts and Rants with hardly any Punctuation or Paragraphs.

Give me a Day to absorb it's Contents please. ImageImageImage
I ran out of breath after reading the first 30 words with no punctuation

Jim

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

I read all Toilers posts as if it were modern poetry

Doesn't make it easier though 8)
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Well we all know that my English grammer and punctuation isn't my strongest point but i do manage to get my points of view across somehow .....lol
i can certainly express myself far better on a guitar and reading music than i ever can on a keyboard...agreed.
Hey we can't all be good at everything lol
i'll stick to my guitars & music.
Last edited by toilerinblack on 26 Jan 2023, 23:40, edited 6 times in total.
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

evonx wrote: 26 Jan 2023, 22:56 I read all Toilers posts as if it were modern poetry

Doesn't make it easier though 8)

The main thing is we all have one thing in common and that is.....The love for this bands music.