What would like to hear from the big 50

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: What would like to hear from the big 50

Post by aldinblack »

BankMan wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 20:11 Agreed..this really needs not to be your usual hits tour but with a different looking 50th year stuck on the tour poster.
I'd really change it with some major surprises in store like Hugh has done,i'd start a 50th from the beginning 74-75 then some of the big gun songs i'd have a set list something like this..
Waltz
Wasted
The Raven
Shah
Time To die
Make you mine
Everybody Loves You When Your dead
Two to Tango
Nice In Nice
Dreamtime
Strange little girl
Too Precious
Tank
Toiler
5 minutes
Dave song
My Young Dreams
Let me introduce you to the family
Just like nothing on earth
Who wants the world
Nuclear Device
Go Buddy go

Encore

Hallow
Genetix
Heroes
Sewer

A set list that's different.
You’ll be lucky!
yeah exactly,
Just look at that encore, with Hallow + Genetix + Sewer - you do have some nice dreams Mr Toiler!
I Hate You !
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Just playing around here , but a song off every album , trying to veer away from the usual suspects in most cases , that's 18 songs , throw in 5 others either non album or whatever .

Sometimes
Bitching
Sweden
Shah Shah
Thrown away
Man they love to hate
Ships that pass
North Winds
Shakin like a leaf
Never to look back
Time to Die
Still life
In heaven
Jump
Big thing
Spectre
Freedom
This song

Vietnamerica
Straighten out
Choosy Suzie
Bear cage
Sewer
Of course intro Waltz , some albums you can only really pick the obvious as 10 , Aural, Giants have , let's say ,little to offer outside the usual . Now I know most of those won't see light of day , it's going to be greatest hits once again , same old same old as the past 20 plus years, but you can dream !
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 10:07 Just playing around here , but a song off every album , trying to veer away from the usual suspects in most cases , that's 18 songs , throw in 5 others either non album or whatever .

Sometimes
Bitching
Sweden
Shah Shah
Thrown away
Man they love to hate
Ships that pass
North Winds
Shakin like a leaf
Never to look back
Time to Die
Still life
In heaven
Jump
Big thing
Spectre
Freedom
This song

Vietnamerica
Straighten out
Choosy Suzie
Bear cage
Sewer
Of course intro Waltz , some albums you can only really pick the obvious as 10 , Aural, Giants have , let's say ,little to offer outside the usual . Now I know most of those won't see light of day , it's going to be greatest hits once again , same old same old as the past 20 plus years, but you can dream !
Yes something like that would be good but you forgot your old favourite Mercury Rising?!!!!
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

If they can handle it, play 50 tracks every night. That should be enough for greatest hits + rarities? :smile:
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

jason wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 10:51
Jon the Impaler wrote: 25 Jan 2023, 10:07 Just playing around here , but a song off every album , trying to veer away from the usual suspects in most cases , that's 18 songs , throw in 5 others either non album or whatever .

Sometimes
Bitching
Sweden
Shah Shah
Thrown away
Man they love to hate
Ships that pass
North Winds
Shakin like a leaf
Never to look back
Time to Die
Still life
In heaven
Jump
Big thing
Spectre
Freedom
This song

Vietnamerica
Straighten out
Choosy Suzie
Bear cage
Sewer
Yes something like that would be good but you forgot your old favourite Mercury Rising?!!!!
I do try to erase 'that thing' from my memory . Wouldn't even credit it as a song !
All quiet ..........
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Sometimes
Bitching
Sweden
Shah Shah
Thrown away
Man they love to hate
Ships that pass
North Winds
Shakin like a leaf
Never to look back
Time to Die
Still life
In heaven
Jump
Big thing
Spectre
Freedom
This song

Vietnamerica
Straighten out
Choosy Suzie
Bear cage
Sewer
I'd be happy with something like that, yeah.

Using the same criteria as Jon I'll pick:

Goodbye Toulouse
Bitching
Threatened
Nuclear Device
Second Coming
The Man they Love To Hate
It's A Small World
North Winds
Nice In Nice
Someone Like You
Wet Afternoon
Face
In Heaven She Walks
Coup de Grace
I Don't Agree (or basically anything that's NOT as overdone as Lost Control)
She's Slipping Away (or basically anything that's NOT as overdone as Relentless)
Giants (but tbh they can skip this album, I just don't really care about hearing any of them live again)
And If You Should See Dave...

Time to Die
Duchess
Who Wants The World
Bear Cage
Sewer
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
strangledinAuch
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by strangledinAuch »

Choosie
Bear Cage
School Mam
Bitching
Dagenham Dave
Hallow

literally anything off NMH,very underrated album
up there with Rattus & B&W

Hugh to walk on for the encore and do Cruel Garden
as only Hugh can
See You At The Bar
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

aldinblack wrote: 24 Jan 2023, 23:58
BankMan wrote:
toilerinblack wrote: 23 Jan 2023, 20:11 Agreed..this really needs not to be your usual hits tour but with a different looking 50th year stuck on the tour poster.
I'd really change it with some major surprises in store like Hugh has done,i'd start a 50th from the beginning 74-75 then some of the big gun songs i'd have a set list something like this..
Waltz
Wasted
The Raven
Shah
Time To die
Make you mine
Everybody Loves You When Your dead
Two to Tango
Nice In Nice
Dreamtime
Strange little girl
Too Precious
Tank
Toiler
5 minutes
Dave song
My Young Dreams
Let me introduce you to the family
Just like nothing on earth
Who wants the world
Nuclear Device
Go Buddy go

Encore

Hallow
Genetix
Heroes
Sewer

A set list that's different.
You’ll be lucky!
yeah exactly,
Just look at that encore, with Hallow + Genetix + Sewer - you do have some nice dreams Mr Toiler!
Well i don't think for one minute they would do half of my suggested set list of the different sort of different songs they could do that i'd love to hear but yes my list ain't gonna happen but they might pick a few though thinking it's a good idea who knows it's more of a suggestive different list i'd love them to do a mere example off such great unplayed songs from their past that never gets an airing such a shame,dust them down and bang em out again live in 2024 as part of a special one off 50th..i can dream lol... start from the very beginning and why not they never have before and this would be the perfect time to do just that as they revisit their formation starting from the very beginning in 1974 after all that's what they in 2024 will be celebrating and if not what will differ any most previous tours to the special 50th if they don't change the set list about it will be just another hits tour again.
It's up to them if it's more of the same after all it's their tour but the fans would really love a real change in the set list. and its still over a year away so one to remember would do down a storm a 50th "1974-2024 revisited" tour 2024
Again it's only my one fans opinion and it will be their tour with their songs they will want to do.
I think they could do an excellent "Wasted" version that would raise the roof lol
Again...i can dream i suppose and at the end of the day it will probably be business as usual and much of the same.