Guilty Pleasure

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Guilty Pleasure

Post by Greatkudu »

Boney M,Sam Smith,Ed Sheeran,Beyonce,50 Cent,Harry Styles,Alicia Keys,Susan Boyle,Perry Como,Daniel O Donnell,Cliff Richard.Lt kudu. :smt013
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Greatkudu wrote: 08 Nov 2022, 12:12 Boney M,Sam Smith,Ed Sheeran,Beyonce,50 Cent,Harry Styles,Alicia Keys,Susan Boyle,Perry Como,Daniel O Donnell,Cliff Richard.Lt kudu. :smt013
Blimey and I was a bit embarrassed mentioning A-Ha! :grin:
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

jason wrote: 08 Nov 2022, 12:48
Greatkudu wrote: 08 Nov 2022, 12:12 Boney M,Sam Smith,Ed Sheeran,Beyonce,50 Cent,Harry Styles,Alicia Keys,Susan Boyle,Perry Como,Daniel O Donnell,Cliff Richard.Lt kudu. :smt013
Blimey and I was a bit embarrassed mentioning A-Ha! :grin:
Sir sorry I was joking,the only three are Boney M And Cliff Richard,also Perry Como,no joking on all of these,if I liked Harry Styles in real life,you would have permission to throw me in a Crocodile Infested River.Lt Kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Nothing wrong with a bit of Boney M though surely? Bet if it came on in your local Kudu you'd be up dancing :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 08 Nov 2022, 13:00 Nothing wrong with a bit of Boney M though surely? Bet if it came on in your local Kudu you'd be up dancing :lol:

Jim
Jim well I dont dance but would to Boney M,Bobby Ferrel was a great Dancer but producer sang on the records.I really love Boney M, Rasputin a Classic.Lt Kudu.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 24 Oct 2011, 18:54 Always had a soft spot for pretty much anything off "Hunting High and Low" but then it was the first album I bought (I was 10!). "Blue Sky", "Living a Boys Adventure Tale" , "Here I Stand and Face The Rain" - all good :oops:

Jim

jason wrote:I've always had a soft spot for Aha!
Hey, the first two a-ha albums are really good! Particularly the second one, Scoundrel Days.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah been listening to them since. Good band - nothing wrong with a bit of decent pop.

Jim
StanInBlack wrote: 09 Nov 2022, 14:32
theraven1979 wrote: 24 Oct 2011, 18:54 Always had a soft spot for pretty much anything off "Hunting High and Low" but then it was the first album I bought (I was 10!). "Blue Sky", "Living a Boys Adventure Tale" , "Here I Stand and Face The Rain" - all good :oops:

Jim

jason wrote:I've always had a soft spot for Aha!
Hey, the first two a-ha albums are really good! Particularly the second one, Scoundrel Days.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I guess they have alway found it hard to shake off their boy band image with the Take on me song, in this country anyway. You'd never hear them on 6 Music but they are decent pop band like you say and are very popular in some countries.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Been working my way through World Party's back catalogue recently. Absolutely feckin hated them (appreciate it's just one guy really out of the Waterboys) when they had a few hits in the early 90s but listening to them with old ears there's some decent song writing and arrangements going on. Amusingly, probably best know now for writing the song "She's The One" which Robbie Williams had a massive hit with.

Jim
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 13:16 Been working my way through World Party's back catalogue recently. Absolutely feckin hated them (appreciate it's just one guy really out of the Waterboys) when they had a few hits in the early 90s but listening to them with old ears there's some decent song writing and arrangements going on. Amusingly, probably best know now for writing the song "She's The One" which Robbie Williams had a massive hit with.

Jim
"Put the message in the box. Put the box into the car. Drive the car around the world."

Uh, okay!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah that's one of the reasons I hated them. But then there's the odd album nugget like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1cW97Z3sU

Jim
StanInBlack wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 15:02
theraven1979 wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 13:16 Been working my way through World Party's back catalogue recently. Absolutely feckin hated them (appreciate it's just one guy really out of the Waterboys) when they had a few hits in the early 90s but listening to them with old ears there's some decent song writing and arrangements going on. Amusingly, probably best know now for writing the song "She's The One" which Robbie Williams had a massive hit with.

Jim
"Put the message in the box. Put the box into the car. Drive the car around the world."

Uh, okay!