Pixies

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Pixies

Post by theraven1979 »

Any love in the room for The Pixies? - their new album is pretty good. Better than their more recent efforts IMO. Obvs not a patch on their classic material.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Pixies

Post by Lafleur »

theraven1979 wrote: 06 Oct 2022, 11:33 Any love in the room for The Pixies? - their new album is pretty good. Better than their more recent efforts IMO. Obvs not a patch on their classic material.
Jim
Yes, great band and the new album is excellent. For me it sounds fresher and more dynamic than Dark Matters.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

New album is their best in years. Last couple were average.
Saw them in London on the Head Carrier tour. They just played the album and it was flat as fuck
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Seen them a few times since they reformed - One of the best was when they supported Stereophonics. They completely blew them off stage. But then I saw them play Leeds Festival around 2007 and they were terrible. Didn't help there was an uninterested crowd who were busy building fires.

Deffo one of those bands that when they're in the zone they are awesome but if one of them is not fired up then it's a very average experience.

Jim
jetblacksdad wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 09:14 New album is their best in years. Last couple were average.
Saw them in London on the Head Carrier tour. They just played the album and it was flat as fuck
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Whistling must be coming back. Evident on this album and Hugh's new one.

Jim