Baz on the Radio now

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Baz on the Radio now

Post by evonx »

Do you know if Paul is releasing some new material soon Evonx? I thought he said he would be.
I remember he was mentioning 'new stuff in autumn' but I have no idea what the status is there.... will post on here if and when news comes
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I'd love to hear some new material from PR at this point - it's been a while since he put any new material out so even if he's been writing on and off since he left The Stranglers he should have a backlog of stuff to draw from.
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Too busy being Bowie and paying his bills I guess!

He wrote some good stuff, I really liked This God Is Mine when the band did it but didn't really like his version. Probaly a limited production budget.
Dare say it will have taken a while to get his confidence back as well.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I just want to state the obvious here, all ex members of the Stranglers contributed to the band we love, of course you can't beat the line up with Hugh, but all lineups have done great gigs and produced fine music, so the lineup now has the gaping whole that can never be filled without Dave, but as long as they are still a great live band I will support them, not out of blind allegiance, in fact when I go to a gig I always go with an open mind, as I never take anything for granted, the last Stranglers album was a fine album IMHO that can stand proud on its own, it doesn't need to be compared to the old ones as its a different band, in a very short time hopefully I will be able to judge for myself if I carry on seeing them live with the new Keyboard chap, I totally support him and hope he has a great first gig, but my god he will be nervous, but I know he will want to make Dave proud as he's a big fan. I will be nervous, and even though I don't drink at gigs, I think I will be breaking my rules for this one, maybe a few Vodka Martinis shaken not stirred. Lt cmdr Kudu aka Bond. :smt005
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

evonx wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 08:37
Do you know if Paul is releasing some new material soon Evonx? I thought he said he would be.
I remember he was mentioning 'new stuff in autumn' but I have no idea what the status is there.... will post on here if and when news comes
Cheers.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

StanInBlack wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 09:50 I'd love to hear some new material from PR at this point - it's been a while since he put any new material out so even if he's been writing on and off since he left The Stranglers he should have a backlog of stuff to draw from.
Must admit I really liked that stuff he did a few years ago , I think with John Ellis .Some of that with some tweaks might have been very good Stranglers material . I think he is given a raw deal by a lot of Stranglers fans , he is part of the history and should be appreciated for what he did .
All quiet ..........
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 10:48 I just want to state the obvious here, all ex members of the Stranglers contributed to the band we love, of course you can't beat the line up with Hugh, but all lineups have done great gigs and produced fine music, so the lineup now has the gaping whole that can never be filled without Dave, but as long as they are still a great live band I will support them, not out of blind allegiance, in fact when I go to a gig I always go with an open mind, as I never take anything for granted, the last Stranglers album was a fine album IMHO that can stand proud on its own, it doesn't need to be compared to the old ones as its a different band, in a very short time hopefully I will be able to judge for myself if I carry on seeing them live with the new Keyboard chap, I totally support him and hope he has a great first gig, but my god he will be nervous, but I know he will want to make Dave proud as he's a big fan. I will be nervous, and even though I don't drink at gigs, I think I will be breaking my rules for this one, maybe a few Vodka Martinis shaken not stirred. Lt cmdr Kudu aka Bond. :smt005
My girlfriend has never seen the original line up , or M2 for that ........only the PR and Baz versions .She did say she preferred the 5 members as opposed to the JJ /Baz frontmen line up . Obviously M1 is lightyears ahead of anything in songwriting ability for consistency , but I appreciate it all , in fact I often thought M2 & 3 were far better than the later M1 on stage during the end of that era , they bought the energy back.......but no one has got near to Hugh's acid humour . It is what it is , take it at that and appreciate it .
All quiet ..........
zamaguire
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by zamaguire »

I only go for the beer now :smt008
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 09:49

My girlfriend has never seen the original line up , or M2 for that ........only the PR and Baz versions …
So in the opinion of some on here, within these gigs across the last 20? years she’s never seen The Stranglers.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Bear Cage wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 12:48

My girlfriend has never seen the original line up , or M2 for that ........only the PR and Baz versions …
So in the opinion of some on here, within these gigs across the last 20? years she’s never seen The Stranglers.
I suppose you could say that, but you can only see what is there at the time . She actually dreaded going to see them first time , thinking she was going to some rowdy punk band and there would be violence everywhere .Funny impression people have before they see something .
All quiet ..........
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 15:47
Bear Cage wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 12:48

I suppose you could say that, but you can only see what is there at the time . She actually dreaded going to see them first time , thinking she was going to some rowdy punk band and there would be violence everywhere .Funny impression people have before they see something .
Well I seem to meet all the idiots when I go to Stranglers gigs, I certainly wouldnt take a girlfriend to a Stranglers gig, I did in past and a great mistake. Lt Kudu.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

My wife got felt up at a Stranglers gig at Shepherds Bush once. She insists we go on all the tours now! :lol: