And If You Should See Dave.....

JJ Burnel, ...., Baz Warne, Jim Macaulay.

Moderator: StanInBlack

sandyinblack
Rats Rally

Re: And If You Should See Dave.....

Post by sandyinblack »

the track is great.I really like it. It's got some great, cheesy lyrics. Not the first Stranglers song to be a bit cheesy.
It's got a great feel about it. I'm glad its given the band some well deserved recognition.
I don't follow the charts anymore so don't know it it was placed.
However, I'm old school. I want a physical copy. vinyl or CD. I don't know if I've missed if has been released on either or just as a download. How can you complete a collection of a band if you can't buy a physical copy?
Punk could be the first step towards Utpoia
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

sandyinblack wrote: 17 May 2021, 19:57 the track is great.I really like it. It's got some great, cheesy lyrics. Not the first Stranglers song to be a bit cheesy.
It's got a great feel about it. I'm glad its given the band some well deserved recognition.
I don't follow the charts anymore so don't know it it was placed.
However, I'm old school. I want a physical copy. vinyl or CD. I don't know if I've missed if has been released on either or just as a download. How can you complete a collection of a band if you can't buy a physical copy?
They should release a 7” single, with a live Genetix on the b-side
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It's a shame Marc Riley isn't even playing this. He doesn't seem to be a fan for some reason. Very strange. :?
Last edited by jason on 17 May 2021, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

parasiteinblack wrote: 17 May 2021, 18:11 midweek charts are out. No Stranglers to be seen anywhere. :(
https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/s ... rt-update/
I'm totally, completely unsurprised.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Id like to see the album do well in the album charts. Not bothered about the singles chart.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Who gives a fuck? The brain dead 2 year olds that buy chart shit means a class song by the stranglers won't get anywhere, we love it and the band love it, music is just throwaway now to so many people, back in my day, it meant something, still they did quite well in the iTunes Rock chart. Still love the song it's pure class and so heartfelt. Lt Kudu.
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

sandyinblack wrote: 17 May 2021, 19:57 I want a physical copy. vinyl or CD. I don't know if I've missed if has been released on either or just as a download. How can you complete a collection of a band if you can't buy a physical copy?
There are currently no plans to release it as a physical copy sadly :( Short of bombarding management with emails asking for one, I'm not sure we can change that?
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

jason wrote: 17 May 2021, 21:45 Id like to see the album do well in the album charts. Not bothered about the singles chart.
This tbh. I've seen a number of older acts do well in the album charts lately and I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch for The Stranglers to do as well as them
toilerinblack
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by toilerinblack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 21:52 Who gives a fuck? The brain dead 2 year olds that buy chart shit means a class song by the stranglers won't get anywhere, we love it and the band love it, music is just throwaway now to so many people, back in my day, it meant something, still they did quite well in the iTunes Rock chart. Still love the song it's pure class and so heartfelt. Lt Kudu.
lol well you said it as it is .... 100% with you on this one,i really could'nt give a monkeys about the charts its all about their music and if i like it thats all that matters and it really doesnt matter if they were 160 in the charts or 16 in the charts it wont make me like or dislike the song anymore because of a chart position.Its a beautiful tribute and i love it! Dont gey me wrong its great to see their name back in the charts again after so long but what does it mean at then end of the day its different nowdays when it once really meant something back in the day its a different world now with social media etc,so yes i agree with what you have said and i think most would too i would imagine.Ive started to write a poem about JJ the only one of the original four that i haven't yet but it will take some time,will post it when its finished.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 21:52 music is just throwaway now to so many people, back in my day, it meant something
You really don't have a clue what you're talking about and don't understand how culture works in 2021. It's been a while since we had an "old man yells at cloud" moment on here though, so thanks for that.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

The two videos on You Tube have had over 90,000 views in under a week so that's pretty good.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

StanInBlack wrote: 18 May 2021, 22:06
Greatkudu wrote: 17 May 2021, 21:52 music is just throwaway now to so many people, back in my day, it meant something
You really don't have a clue what you're talking about and don't understand how culture works in 2021. It's been a while since we had an "old man yells at cloud" moment on here though, so thanks for that.
Stan, First off yes I'm 53,im old yes and? Secondly I know the change in the way music is heard these days, and despite me being an old codger :smt005 I am very aware of how things have changed with music and life in every way, its my view and as this is a forum, I posted my opinion, to state I don't know what I'm talking about is your opinion on what I think, I dont agree with most of your posts, but I don't come back with a semi insulting repost, I'm not saying whatever I post is how it is, and I'm certainly not saying what you post is how it is, it's all a melting pot of opinion, so if you disagree with me as you often seem to, maybe just do it in a way thats a bit more civil? I don't recall on any occasion I have been churlish to you, I respect your opinions as I do other forum members.Lt Kudu.
Last edited by Greatkudu on 19 May 2021, 10:53, edited 1 time in total.