8%

Total votes: 40

raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Four More Heroes Reformation Campaign

Post by raveninblack »

Right folks...

Jon and the boys have now had an extended 5 month holiday. Isn't it time they dusted down the gear and got it back together?
I believe Nick has deffo packed in playing so by the time a new drummer has been brought up to standard, they will have had about 8 months off, plenty of time to do all the other stuff they wanted to do.....

spend six months in the Bahamas, topping up the tan, mow the lawn, fix the roof, christ, Jon could have restored the old petrol pump by then!!!

You dont have to do it every week, guys, you could just do one gig a month or do four or five gigs together then have another break....

but come on, get it back on the road....

please!

:grin: :grin:

ps I'm led to believe that a certain Mr Clogg/Custard has been seen hanging out with POPSTARS!!!!

Bring on Mr Brian "slutcher" Barnes.....whatever next? :P
just hanging around
John
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by John »

Seen 4mh quite a few times, in their different line ups, and they are sadly missed indeed. They always went down a storm up here in scotland, great memories. Even if they could manage a one off gig, say in middle england, then i am sure some of us would travel to see them.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Only saw them the once, the last time they played Edinburgh.

They came highly recomended by doninblack and they didn't disapoint. Top quality act, sadly missed, top value for money.

Guys, take as long as it takes, good things come to those that wait.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.

Post by Guest »

Totally loved that band travelled down to kilmarnock one night to see them couple of years back, didnt come on stage until about 1 oclock in the morning hardly anybody there but what a gig, would hate to think nobody would ever see them live again
Tracy
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Tracy »

Yes I miss 4MH come on guys get a move on.........

Tracy
When we're dead and gone when we get where we belong and we've sung the final song get the first bus to Babylon
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I haven`t said anything on this topic yet as it`s probably obvious. But I would love 4MH to do some gigs again - They were getting better and better IMO. Every gig you thought "Wow they can`t top that" then the next time you`d see them they`d be even better. They started experimenting with the setlist and sticking in some gems - Family, MSD..etc and they were fuckin great on all of them many have said that there performances were on a par with the current Stranglers performances. I don`t honestly think that is an exagerrated comment. If both parties were playing in my home town I would see 4MH any day.

Reform guys. I know Nick has gone - Maybe just cut down on the gigs, do a couple of months of weekend gigs a year or something.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

.....You can`t have Jon, Mick (can anyone play Greenfield better than Mick? I seriously doubt it), and Dave not in a Stranglers tribute band - They`re too good at it. Would be a shame for them never to do gigs like this again

Jim
doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by doninblack »

Aye!
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

:grin:
just hanging around
Alinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Alinblack »

4MH were far better than the current Strugglers, they really caught the feeling of the early days. It would be great to see them get back together again and maybe play fewer shows but at the places where they got a decent crowd.

l saw them several times from the Orange Alert days (they were even brave enough to play a Celtic pub in Glasgow under that name, and lived!) to the end and they were always unbelievable. Some great nights out.

Those that never bothered to go see them just don't know what they missed.
Those that did see them, show the guys some support and start voting and post some messages!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Has Jon seen this?

Jim
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Dunno....I've not noticed him as being logged in recently.
Phone him, see how hes doin.........bout time we went for that drink!
just hanging around