Your Last Gig

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Your Last Gig

Post by theraven1979 »

Watching the gigs appear and disappear on my calendar. Tomorrow should've been 999 then Hugh in Lincoln on the Sat :(

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Norwich , Stranglers ....either 2011 or 2012 ...pretty sure 2011 as I'd have avoided 2012 due to a "certain song " probably being on the itinery . Always said the past few years when that one dropped off the playlist I'd go again soon , but always coincided roughly same time as we'd be looking at holidays and I said I'd rather have that as extra spending money . November would( would have ???? ) been far better as no hols , only obstacle might be enforced overtime at prison camp .....sorry , work . With events since looks like I could regret not going the past year or so . See how things unfold I suppose . Only myself to blame really .
All quiet ..........
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 23 May 2020, 16:48 Norwich , Stranglers ....either 2011 or 2012 ...pretty sure 2011 as I'd have avoided 2012 due to a "certain song " probably being on the itinery . Always said the past few years when that one dropped off the playlist I'd go again soon , but always coincided roughly same time as we'd be looking at holidays and I said I'd rather have that as extra spending money . November would( would have ???? ) been far better as no hols , only obstacle might be enforced overtime at prison camp .....sorry , work . With events since looks like I could regret not going the past year or so . See how things unfold I suppose . Only myself to blame really .
Probably 2011 because I don't think they played Norwich in 2012 or I would have gone. I missed the whole Giants tour for various reasons. 2011 was good though, Two Sunspots I seem to remember being a highlight.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
hisskiss
SHAKESPEARO

Post by hisskiss »

parasiteinblack wrote: 01 May 2020, 11:51 Legendary Pink Dots at the Moth Club, Hackney at the end of February.
Any later and it would have been cancelled, great night and great support act called Chopchop.
I was at that one too.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

hisskiss wrote: 23 May 2020, 17:40
parasiteinblack wrote: 01 May 2020, 11:51 Legendary Pink Dots at the Moth Club, Hackney at the end of February.
Any later and it would have been cancelled, great night and great support act called Chopchop.
I was at that one too.
Ah awesome! It's a small world and all that. What did you think?
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

parasiteinblack wrote: 23 May 2020, 17:36
Jon the Impaler wrote: 23 May 2020, 16:48 Norwich , Stranglers ....either 2011 or 2012 ...pretty sure 2011 as I'd have avoided 2012 due to a "certain song " probably being on the itinery . Always said the past few years when that one dropped off the playlist I'd go again soon , but always coincided roughly same time as we'd be looking at holidays and I said I'd rather have that as extra spending money . November would( would have ???? ) been far better as no hols , only obstacle might be enforced overtime at prison camp .....sorry , work . With events since looks like I could regret not going the past year or so . See how things unfold I suppose . Only myself to blame really .
Probably 2011 because I don't think they played Norwich in 2012 or I would have gone. I missed the whole Giants tour for various reasons. 2011 was good though, Two Sunspots I seem to remember being a highlight.
Probably was 2011..........t-shirt.........black and blue . That's the clue , I got one of those there .
All quiet ..........
Halifax Linda
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Halifax Linda »

Numan
Skids
Marillion.
All last year but seems forever ago now.