KT Tunstall, "The Stranglers & a Kangaroo?"

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Re: KT Tunstall, "The Stranglers & a Kangaroo?"

Post by unbroken69 »

Burn e 77 wrote:There's a great story the Australian rock band "Cold Chisel" once told at one of their London gigs back in the day... they said that once, while driving British N.M.E journalists
around the ozzie outback bush, they spotted a "roo" hopping around... and one of the British N.M.E journo's insisted on throwing a boomerang out of the vans open rear doors, to experience what an Aboriginal hunter might feel while hunting dinner (albeit in a van!)... anyway it was a good chuck, and the boomerang returned near the stationary van (With traces of blood on it)... when the occupants left the vehicle, to find the source of the blood on the boomerang... they found a very dazed "roo" in a Stranglers t.shirt!

The "roo" survived the attack dazed but unharmed, and a few minutes later hopped off back into the bush... BUT not before photographic evidence was taken by the N.M.E
photo journalist! these pictures can be seen in N.M.E issue 237, April 1st 1979. (Front cover picture of Lord Lucan's Punk daughter)
Perhaps it was on some of your "Adders Venon / Death Rattle" or "RATTUS PSYCHEDELICUS".
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

What a great story that is.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

MULLY wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:There's a great story the Australian rock band "Cold Chisel" once told at one of their London gigs back in the day... they said that once, while driving British N.M.E journalists
around the ozzie outback bush, they spotted a "roo" hopping around... and one of the British N.M.E journo's insisted on throwing a boomerang out of the vans open rear doors, to experience what an Aboriginal hunter might feel while hunting dinner (albeit in a van!)... anyway it was a good chuck, and the boomerang returned near the stationary van (With traces of blood on it)... when the occupants left the vehicle, to find the source of the blood on the boomerang... they found a very dazed "roo" in a Stranglers t.shirt!

The "roo" survived the attack dazed but unharmed, and a few minutes later hopped off back into the bush... BUT not before photographic evidence was taken by the N.M.E
photo journalist! these pictures can be seen in N.M.E issue 237, April 1st 1979. (Front cover picture of Lord Lucan's Punk daughter)
Too good to be true :lol: :lol:
Well spotted MULLY and "unbroken69" (April 1st '79 issue)... i just couldn't resist adding to this great MIB myth...
cheers
Burn e 77
PS. You're right "unbroken69" i came up with the above tale after TWO bottles of "Adders Venom / Death Rattle"... half way through my third bottle i started a conversation with a fat green phosphorescent Squirrel... two bottles of the old "Rattus Psychedelicus" isn't enough... but three's too many!
Something better change!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Burn e 77 wrote:
MULLY wrote:

Too good to be true :lol: :lol:
Well spotted MULLY and "unbroken69" (April 1st '79 issue)... i just couldn't resist adding to this great MIB myth...
cheers
Burn e 77
PS. You're right "unbroken69" i came up with the above tale after TWO bottles of "Adders Venom / Death Rattle"... half way through my third bottle i started a conversation with a fat green phosphorescent Squirrel... two bottles of the old "Rattus Psychedelicus" isn't enough... but three's too many!
I want first dibs on your premier novel, on less of course you are already a published storyteller. :lol: Although you could always turn your hand to dangerous liquor.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

theraven1979 wrote:Image
Would you bang her?....
Suddenlee I seee... :smt006
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

when did caz switch to acoustic?
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

APOLLO79 wrote:
Would you bang her?....
Suddenlee I seee... :smt006
A young Lorraine Kelly???
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Wasn't Charlotte Hatherley in her band at one time? I could watch that with the sound off :grin:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
nbm
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by nbm »

Saw KT Tunstall last night opening for Squeeze. She's still telling the same story!

Not sure how many folks in the Cape Cod crowd were familiar with the Stranglers though...
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

nbm wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 20:29 Saw KT Tunstall last night opening for Squeeze. She's still telling the same story!
I wonder if her fans roll their eyes and go "not that story again", the same way that Stranglers fans do when JJ starts banging on about that fight?
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

:lol:
droopsnoot wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 09:47
nbm wrote: 28 Aug 2019, 20:29 Saw KT Tunstall last night opening for Squeeze. She's still telling the same story!
I wonder if her fans roll their eyes and go "not that story again", the same way that Stranglers fans do when JJ starts banging on about that fight?
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better