WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by fourth horseman »

Snapped Ankles new album is lovely. A bit Devo flavoured. Great fun.
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: WHAT THE FCUK ARE YOU LOT LISTENIN TO - When it's not the fucking Stranglers??!

Post by Boody »

fourth horseman wrote:Snapped Ankles new album is lovely. A bit Devo flavoured. Great fun.
Ooh I am off to see them in a couple of months.

Also seen Straight Arrows, Monkish, Oh!gunquit and We are not Devo recently- all absolutely terrific.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

I suspect there isn't a great deal of pixies love on here, but I've just heard a new track on 6music and there's a promise of a new LP in September.

:smt026 <- me doing a happy dance.
fourth horseman

Yanders wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 17:55 I suspect there isn't a great deal of pixies love on here, but I've just heard a new track on 6music and there's a promise of a new LP in September.

I've always liked them and I'm going to catch a couple of dates on the tour later in the year. Not the biggest fan of their recent offerings but I will check the new number out.
s.harris

Post by s.harris »

Yanders wrote: 03 Jun 2019, 17:55 I suspect there isn't a great deal of pixies love on here, but I've just heard a new track on 6music and there's a promise of a new LP in September.

I love the Pixies,i saw them last year at the Roundhouse.

All the best

ShaunInBlack
'Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining'
raveninblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by raveninblack »

Its out 13th September, called Beneath the Eyrie. The new track was probably On Graveyard Hill.
just hanging around
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

John Barry, he was the man, and a Yorkshire man too, passed away a couple of years ago where he lived in Long Island, USA.

Ennio Morricone

Lalo Schifrin

All unbearable IMHO.
Can you think of anyone better?
There is some great composers coming up I must admit but they will never compose like these 3 geezers, just wonderful, inspiring music.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Talent is a good new-ish Pixies song as is Plaster Of Paris

Jim

fourth horseman wrote: 04 Jun 2019, 16:43

I've always liked them and I'm going to catch a couple of dates on the tour later in the year. Not the biggest fan of their recent offerings but I will check the new number out.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Polyrock by Polyrock (1980). Kinda Talking Heads meets Television meets Devo with a bit of Goff thrown in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysgzgbVrhaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_eT3pbXDR0

Jim
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Fontaines D.C. - The Boys From The Betterland 8)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
fourth horseman

MULLY wrote: 27 Jun 2019, 13:36 Fontaines D.C. - The Boys From The Betterland 8)
I'll second that. Dogrel is album of the year so far for me (and the earlier versions of the same songs recorded I much prefer too) and the gig they did earlier in the year at Gorilla in Manchester is the best I've been to in a long, long time. Get on it people.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

That's the best track on Dogrel IMO. Not keen on the rest of it - Big is alright but I find his vocals feckin annoying on some of the songs.

Jim