Keith Flint.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Snowbird
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Keith Flint.

Post by Snowbird »

RIP Keith Flint.
A rope ladder of hair.A Babylon for him to climb.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Keith Flint.

Post by aldinblack »

poor bloke, maybe not really my type of music but he sure had an impact. RIP.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Seen them about 9 years ago at Bridlington Spa ... one of the best gigs I've been to. Powerful & non-stop.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Went to his pub once in Pleshey , didn't realise it was his until yesterday , I went around 9 years plus ago , it was for a race which started at the pub ....that may sound odd , but we used too run in trail races which start at low key venues as opposed to road running . There were a lot of birds kept in aviaries outside . Don't know if he owned or ran the place then as I only knew his involvement with the pub yesterday .
Not my sort of music , but I could see a bit of a punkish element in them . Never nice when people feel that way and end it .......shame really .
All quiet ..........
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 16:46 Went to his pub once in Pleshey , didn't realise it was his until yesterday , I went around 9 years plus ago , it was for a race which started at the pub ....that may sound odd , but we used too run in trail races which start at low key venues as opposed to road running . There were a lot of birds kept in aviaries outside . Don't know if he owned or ran the place then as I only knew his involvement with the pub yesterday .
Not my sort of music , but I could see a bit of a punkish element in them . Never nice when people feel that way and end it .......shame really .
Having checked - he wasn't involved with the pub when we went all those years ago .
All quiet ..........
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

Firestarter on TOTP was about the last time Rock managed to make me look up from my egg and chips and think 'what the fuck is that?'

I like the tribute from James Blunt:

“At the Q Awards years ago, when Noel Gallagher was saying he was leaving Ibiza because I’d moved there, and Damon Albarn refused to be in the same picture as me, and Paul Weller was saying he’d rather eat his own shit than work with me, Keith Flint came over, gave me a hug, and said how thrilled he was for my success.”
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Hmmm I prefer the Firestarter pub swear box story.

JIm

porkymeat wrote: 06 Mar 2019, 17:36 Firestarter on TOTP was about the last time Rock managed to make me look up from my egg and chips and think 'what the fuck is that?'

I like the tribute from James Blunt:

“At the Q Awards years ago, when Noel Gallagher was saying he was leaving Ibiza because I’d moved there, and Damon Albarn refused to be in the same picture as me, and Paul Weller was saying he’d rather eat his own shit than work with me, Keith Flint came over, gave me a hug, and said how thrilled he was for my success.”
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"