the skids

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Paul
Ugly
Ugly

the skids

Post by Paul »

saw em on Friday night in Clitheroe, what a band.
I only went because I got my arm twisted and didn't really know anything about them apart from the song into the valley.
I ended up recognising a few of their tunes, they did a lively set with the sparse crowd jigging about for most of it.
they mentioned 2 claims to fame which I had no idea of, they had one of their songs covererd by U2 and they got their latest album to number 28 in the charts this year, something that the stranglers can't get anywhere near to, despite their huge live followings these days.

anyway, the skids are a great band still and will see them again.
....near the nearside window.....
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: the skids

Post by ThruBeingCool »

I’ve seen them twice recently, brilliant on both occasions. Richard Jobson is such a great frontman.
FYI ‘The Saints Are Coming’ was the song that was covered - a Green Day/U2 collaboration.
Paul
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Paul »

They played that song, plus lots of other catchy stuff, into the valley is awesome, and so are the lyrics (which I just googled) :grin:
Yes, they are great, I'll definitely see them again :smt006
....near the nearside window.....
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I'd love to go see them . Trouble more often than not they do Scotland or a handful of gigs , none really near me , but would like to make an effort to see them sometime . Would say same about The Buzzcocks , but that's not going to happen now :( .
All quiet ..........