Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

The Kinks are back!

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

https://pitchfork.com/news/ray-davies-s ... reuniting/

One of the best bands ever are back and it’s about time, been waiting ages for the Kinks to get their shit together, not too bothered about a new album though just want em to get out there and tour. Arena tour? hope not but if so then do hurry up and get your Muswell Hillbilly arses up to Leeds arena like now.
8)
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: The Kinks are back!

Post by Yanders »

I'm generally not a fan of reforming so long after a split. It's usually money grabbing, just nostalgia and an audience full of people who don't really like the music.

But this is The Kinks. I can't believe that I might get the chance to see The Kinks play all the old songs.

I don't care that it'll be too expensive, I'll be there pretending it's 1971.
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

stroll on....another over-rated MOD band of the 60's. I agree with the last comment....all about the money. they'll stand there and go through the motions for 90 minutes and then it'll be Ferrari's all round
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

"..another over-rated MOD band"

Mate, have some respect, we're not talking about the who or the jam here. THIS IS THE KINKS. :grin:
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

I would prefer the headline "The Stranglers are back"...
Here we go: 28 years after his quit original singer and guitarist Hugh Cornwell has just rejoined his old band The Stranglers. According to bassist JJ Burnel this was possible because Baz Warne (guitarist and singer with the band since 2000) has left the band due to the lack of creativity in writing new songs for a new album. "We tried hard to put an exiciting sounding album together in the past 6 years but didn't get it right, so I lost my mojo", said Baz Warne. Hugh Cornwell is happy writing and playing again with his old band mates: "You know, my solo career didn't do justice to me and my abilities". Now officially announced as full time drummer is Jim Macaulay since original drummer and founder of The Stranglers, Jet Black (born in 1938), has retired a few years ago due to health problems. The new album (no title so far) will be released in springtime 2019. The band has stated that the reason for the reunion has nothing to do with money. :lol:
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

Interesting.
Picked up a coupla Kinks LPs yesterday actually,
Low Budget and Think Visual. Kinda scared to listen
to them though, as I reckon they might be shite?
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

they will be shite...the kinks were/are shite....it's not about respect, it's about being honest.
zontar

Post by zontar »

Read somewhere in a Brit mag that the Davies bros conspired to reunite a few yrs back. Apparently, things didn't work out @ the time.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

The Kinks are as influential as The Stones/Beatles etc etc etc but they were not given the recognition they deserved.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Look on the bright side - it is the Kinks reuniting and not the Police 🤣. I thought the Davies brothers had fallen out big time - good on them if they have buried the hatchet.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Boody wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 16:28 Look on the bright side - it is the Kinks reuniting and not the Police 🤣. I thought the Davies brothers had fallen out big time - good on them if they have buried the hatchet.
They musta kissed and made up but Dave apparently doesn’t get on with the dummer Mick Avory either.
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 29 Jun 2018, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: The Kinks are back!n

sewer rat wrote: 27 Jun 2018, 23:40 they will be shite...the kinks were/are shite....it's not about respect, it's about being honest.
Seriously mate? are you sure your not thinking of another band?
IMHO The Kinks are one of the best bands with one of the greatest songwriters ever to come out of this country.