"Keith Moon" the greatest rock drummer end of?

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

dead ringer
Ugly
Ugly

Re: "Keith Moon" the greatest rock drummer end of?

Post by dead ringer »

Keith was an amazing drummer and perfect for the Who but of course the best drummer in rock music by far is of course Neil Peart!
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

Neil peart is very good . I'm like most men,, if I was in a band id like to be the drummer sat behind a massive kit taking the majority of the stage up . So many superb drummers have graced our ears over the years . Ginger baker was and is an amazing technician.his understanding of different rhythms, polyrhythms,fills etc is mindboggling. When he plays toad at the royal albert hall on the reunion dvd . You just shake your head at hoe good he is . We've already spoken of Keith but once again an amazing player , john Bonham , our very own JB . Former slipknots' joey .etc.....etc....

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
PaulD
Rats Rally

Post by PaulD »

Slightly off subject but I recently watched The Who on YOu Tube playing at the concert for New York City,absolutely astonishing especially their drummer, Ringo's boy Zak who I believe may have been Keith Moon's godson?
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

I was to be fair replying to dead ringers post which was also off subject . But fine I take your point

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Greatest drummer or not I don't personally buy records on the strength of a drummer. Otherwise I might have a collection of Cozy Powell records.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

It's all just bashing biscuit tins with spoons, innit? :smt102
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

PaulD wrote:Slightly off subject but I recently watched The Who on YOu Tube playing at the concert for New York City,absolutely astonishing especially their drummer, Ringo's boy Zak who I believe may have been Keith Moon's godson?
Yes he was and Keith gave Zak his first drum kit.Zak is the best drummer to have in The Who these day's.But I think Kenney Jones was great who joined after Keith's sad death.But Daltrey hated his drumming.Keith was a one off,we will never see his like again.And The Who one of the top ten greatest bands ever.
PaulD
Rats Rally

Post by PaulD »

Yes he was and Keith gave Zak his first drum kit.Zak is the best drummer to have in The Who these day's.But I think Kenney Jones was great who joined after Keith's sad death.But Daltrey hated his drumming.Keith was a one off,we will never see his like again.And The Who one of the top ten greatest bands ever.

No surprises therefore that Zak became a drummer
DId Jets boy run an ice cream van?
strangledinAuch

Post by strangledinAuch »

Bonham or Paice for me

Keith Moon not very far behind,stage presence he wins hands down
See You At The Bar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Rat Scabies - just Strawberries and Damned But Not Forgotten

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Drummerboy
Down In The Sewer

Post by Drummerboy »

I guess it comes from which period of your life you started to take an interested in music. Bonham, Moon, Starr, Watts, Baker and then Palmer, Peart. Robinson etc were all good drummers all able to create some amazing groves. and in different time signatures.
For me I was more interested in the like of Brzezicki, Copeland , Barrett of course Black and a few others...They captured my interest and excited me to learn to play, but i guess it was also because the music overall was interesting.
Today you might say Hawkins, Grohl, Carlock are better but it is an interesting debate...especially as so many things have now developed such as recording techniques, equipment and of course electronics...
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

That girl on the old Lucozade advert. Remember her? "Can I borrow your drum Sal?". No? Just me then.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.