ED Miliband

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

dennirusking
Down In The Sewer

Re: ED Miliband

Post by dennirusking »

David Cameron's heart doesn't seem to be in it that much. I think a Labour/Liberal coalition is on the cards. As others have said the right wing press have done all they could to mock Milliband but it hasn't worked.
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

I think the way our elections are becoming are too presidential these days. People forget that you are voting for a local m.p first not Cameron/miliband/clegg etc unless they are the people who are members of parliament for your constituency. Also it is important to read the manifestos of each party not go by medias bias in many of the national newspapers or even voting on how someone has performed in tv debates it isn't the x factor.Council elections should be approached a bit different on local issues not national politics. I always vote on local issues and if my m.p is doing a good job regardless of what party they belong to they will get my vote. I know sometimes you have to think of the wider picture and tactics come into play when voting especially if it a marginal seat. I don't like it when parts of the media get personal with people so what if Ed Miliband has a lisp or his father was a marxist this has no relevance and glad this negative approach has more or less failed to seduce the novices when it comes to voting. On the question of placing a vote don't take any notice of people like Russell Brand telling you "voting is a waste of time and changes nothing" as doing exactly that won't either. I can appreciate the reason why apathy has become more apparent in recent elections due to the behaviour of certain politicians but in all reality if you don't vote or even spoil a ballot paper making a statement then you have no grounds to moan about the way things are run. People died to give us the free vote and we should all remember that.
Last edited by wanderlust on 03 May 2015, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
jaydee1964
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by jaydee1964 »

I like Billy Connolly s take on politics " the desire to become a politician should ban you from ever becoming one "

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

If you go into politics as a career move then you shouldn't bother at all. You should be going into it to help people and improve the standard of your areas.
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

Precisely . Just a pity the majority are lying scum promises promises promises then nothing

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

wanderlust wrote:I think the way our elections are becoming are too presidential these days. People forget that you are voting for a local m.p first not Cameron/miliband/clegg etc unless they are the people who are members of parliament for your constituency. Also it is important to read the manifestos of each party not go by medias bias in many of the national newspapers or even voting on how someone has performed in tv debates it isn't the x factor.Council elections should be approached a bit different on local issues not national politics. I always vote on local issues and if my m.p is doing a good job regardless of what party they belong to they will get my vote. I know sometimes you have to think of the wider picture and tactics come into play when voting especially if it a marginal seat. I don't like it when parts of the media get personal with people so what if Ed Miliband has a lisp or his father was a marxist this has no relevance and glad this negative approach has more or less failed to seduce the novices when it comes to voting. On the question of placing a vote don't take any notice of people like Russell Brand telling you "voting is a waste of time and changes nothing" as doing exactly that won't either. I can appreciate the reason why apathy has become more apparent in recent elections due to the behaviour of certain politicians but in all reality if you don't vote or even spoil a ballot paper making a statement then you have no grounds to moan about the way things are run. People died to give us the free vote and we should all remember that.
great post.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

I see he's unveiled his edstone now.
Such desperation.
I can't fathom how anything thinking person could put an X beside Labour with that idiot leading them.
rotten thoughts
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

All the partys are pretty bad> i think it is a case of picking who you think will do the least damage. Sort of best of the worst kinda thing.

Ed is a gormless twunt and will wreck the economy and growth.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Post by wanderlust »

If the economy is such in a great shape, growth, more jobs and other unlimited rice pudding then why aren't the Tories way ahead in the polls on the verge of a comfortable overall majority this week???
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

All parties go on about 'growth'.
But where's it supposed to grow to?

Can't they just try to sustain what we've already got?

Capitalism is just a Pyramid Scheme.
ManInBrown
Sword sparkle

Post by Sword sparkle »

wanderlust wrote:If the economy is such in a great shape, growth, more jobs and other unlimited rice pudding then why aren't the Tories way ahead in the polls on the verge of a comfortable overall majority this week???
I did not say that it was in great shape. It is growing however. The trouble is a lot of people are set in their ways over voting and would never vote for certain parties no matter what. My area the South East is a massive Tory area and Labour barely bother to put much effort in as they have given up on most of it. The Tories do badly up North in return, but what should be interesting is will labour get much in Scotland this time.
Yarp.
When I say ugly I don't mean rough looking I mean hideoussssss
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

Edwardo Milibandi - Mayor of Flourence from June of this year.

You heard it here first.
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.