Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Oxford Gig Review.

Post by Burn e 77 »

Oxford 02 Academy 18th March '13.

F*ckin ace... again! :wink: Set List included: Down In The Sewer 8)
Burn e 77
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 19 Mar 2013, 09:25, edited 1 time in total.
Something better change!
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Cheers Burn e 77, appears to be a pattern emerging here 8) :wink:
Thank you very much
EiTC
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

elvisintheclouds wrote:Cheers Burn e 77, appears to be a pattern emerging here 8) :wink:
Hi Mr Presley, Sir!.. Yes... I guess by severe and aggressive editing... and my better journalistic skills (honed over several weeks of in depth gig reviews) I can now face the challenge of how to give atmospheric reviews, on the printed page, that somehow encapsulate the energetic and vibrant buzz of a MIB gig in full flight... being of very limited and modest journalist talent (I write part time for 'Fulchester Ferret & Mongoose Review'... only £1.79p on Wednesdays) I feel that i have now reached my Zenith :lol:
Burn e 77
Something better change!
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

I cannot believe how good this gig was! They were great in the cavernous Roundhouse, but even better in the small, sweaty confines of the Oxford O2 academy. Stunning! I was grinning all the way through and all the way home! Loved Sewer in particular but the rest of it? Well I've seen them 40-odd times and I'd say this was the best. Now checking the remaining gigs to see what I can get to!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

I'm not paying £1.79, that's a disgrace :evil:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: RE: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by theraven1979 »

No Jet then?
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Burn e 77 wrote:
elvisintheclouds wrote:Cheers Burn e 77, appears to be a pattern emerging here 8) :wink:
Hi Mr Presley, Sir!.. Yes... I guess by severe and aggressive editing... and my better journalistic skills (honed over several weeks of in depth gig reviews) I can now face the challenge of how to give atmospheric reviews, on the printed page, that somehow encapsulate the energetic and vibrant buzz of a MIB gig in full flight... being of very limited and modest journalist talent (I write part time for 'Fulchester Ferret & Mongoose Review'... only £1.79p on Wednesdays) I feel that i have now reached my Zenith :lol:
Burn e 77
:lol:
Thank you very much
EiTC
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Bag Lady »

I'm starting to yearn for Pigeon's reviews... Obviously one side of the family wears rose-tinted specs all the time and the other has verbal diarrhoea.

And why is this thread in "general other stuff"? Is there no sense of organisation around this place any more? Stay in your room until it's tidied.
No one can win against kipple.
Damian
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: RE: Oxford Gig Review.

Post by Damian »

theraven1979 wrote:No Jet then?

No, the stage is barelty big enough for the 4 of them!

No Light rig as well just the logo backdrop.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Another great gig but the crowd were dull as dishwater, myself and a few others tried to get them going but they just stood and watched(each to their own I suppose). :roll:
Wasn't has hot as it usually was which was a blessing, for me Relentless is the stand out track on this tour, it just gets better with each airing, Sewer again was fantastic.

Great meet up before and good to see Pauinlondon again. 8)

Few days rest then Bristol Saturday. ;-)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Bag Lady wrote:I'm starting to yearn for Pigeon's reviews... Obviously one side of the family wears rose-tinted specs all the time and the other has verbal diarrhoea.

And why is this thread in "general other stuff"? Is there no sense of organisation around this place any more? Stay in your room until it's tidied.
:lol:

Nice one unc.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

:wink:
Bobinblack wrote:I'm not paying £1.79, that's a disgrace :evil:
Agreed, Sir!
But in the papers defence, it is now 'digitally printed'... as opposed to it's previous incarnation as a 'hand potato printed' production, surely this alone warrants the price increase of 0.79p... I'm assured by our secretary Miss Able Mable, that in future issues to come... It will be stapled too! (a technological breakthrough!) :lol: :wink:

Kind Regards,
The Editor in Chief 'The Fulchester Ferret & Mongoose Review'
Mr Charlie McFarlie Esq.

PS. in view of your criticism, Miss Able Mable has offered to send you a home made 'Cream Bun' (sticky variety) :smt005
Something better change!