Last book read

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Last book read

Post by The Strangler »

Fear the Worst, by Linwood Barclay. Reasonable in parts, but, eh, an American thing, so ultimately far fetched and stupid
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

The Racketeer, John Grisham. Well written as always, but saw the ending coming very early on, save for one or two little details.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

'Maksties Bezdalai' Ostensibly a much misunderstood memoir/biography withdrawn and banned by all European governments in the late seventies (until now in 2013, when it's available on the Lithuanian AnarKistie website) about a deranged and drugged teenage Margaret Thatcher during her anarchic angst ridden years, when she had several secret and erotic liaisons with her cocaine addicted lesbian Lithuanian lover, who liked nothing better than giving young Maggie, one up the s*****r with a hairbrush handle.
Burn e 77

PS. it's a true story... honest... it's well kosher.
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 11 Jan 2013, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Something better change!
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Burn e 77 wrote:'Maksties Bezdalai' Ostensibly a much misunderstood memoir/biography withdrawn and banned by all European governments in the late seventies (until now in 2013, when it's available on the Lithuanian AnarKistie website) about a deranged and drugged teenage Margaret Thatcher during her anarchic angst ridden years, when she had several secret and erotic liaisons with her cocaine addicted lesbian Lithuanian lover, who liked nothing better than giving young Maggie, one up the shitter with a hairbrush handle.
Burn e 77

I prefer the sequel.
ManInBrown
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Rockula wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:'Maksties Bezdalai' Ostensibly a much misunderstood memoir/biography withdrawn and banned by all European governments in the late seventies (until now in 2013, when it's available on the Lithuanian AnarKistie website) about a deranged and drugged teenage Margaret Thatcher during her anarchic angst ridden years, when she had several secret and erotic liaisons with her cocaine addicted lesbian Lithuanian lover, who liked nothing better than giving young Maggie, one up the shitter with a hairbrush handle.
Burn e 77

I prefer the sequel.
Hi "Rockula" Expect the corrected draft of the 'sequel' (A steam Punk Odyssey)....... "Maksties Bezdalai - Partum T'wum" to be available in...The winter of discontent........ soundtrack to feature 'The Ruts'
Burn e 77
Something better change!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

As good and as an enticing blurb I've read about any book genuine or otherwise in years. :smile: :smile:

Burn e 77

Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

I've just started reading 'We are all made of glue' by Marina Lewycka.

The opening was amusing - 'The first time i met Wonder Boy, he pissed on me'
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

unbroken69 wrote:As good and as an enticing blurb I've read about any book genuine or otherwise in years. :smile: :smile:

Burn e 77

Cheers "unbroken69", It's just a piss take i made up after a few sherbet lemons... to see If anyone reads posts on here... the title translates from Lithuanian to English as: Fanny Farts!
Burn e 77
Something better change!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Talking of sherbet lemons, will you and the nephew be going for a few before and after the Roundhouse gig?

Burn e 77 wrote:
unbroken69 wrote:As good and as an enticing blurb I've read about any book genuine or otherwise in years. :smile: :smile:

Burn e 77

Cheers "unbroken69", It's just a piss take i made up after a few sherbet lemons... to see If anyone reads posts on here... the title translates from Lithuanian to English as: Fanny Farts!
Burn e 77
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Ian9331
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Ian9331 »

I'm back to James Hadley Chase. A Brilliant Crime Writer INMO.

A lot of his books are over 50yrs old (I was told this means any copyright is no longer valid - is this correct ?) but he has an amazing imagination. ie. A normal day to day person being incriminated and persecuted of crimes the person did not commit - thank goodness for DNA now!

The Books may have been written many years ago but without a doubt still worth a read if you like crime novels.

Link:- http://ebookee.org/James-Hadley-Chase-n ... 64303.html
Maybe I'll find love when there's nothing to do........
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Wise Children by Angela Carter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wise_Children

followed by Hellraisers, The Life and Inebriated Times of Richard Burton, Richard Harris, Peter O'Toole and Oliver Reed, written by Robert Sellers. Described by the Sunday Express as "A rollicking read".
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

[quote="unbroken69"]:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Talking of sherbet lemons, will you and the nephew be going for a few before and after the Roundhouse gig.

Yes, hopefully meet you for a beer.
Burn e 77
Something better change!