C***s barging through crowds at gigs

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: C***s barging through crowds at gigs

Post by APOLLO79 »

Gene Regulation wrote:Nowadays I generally edge my way through, but you always get fan dans, who have been there wi their bints since the doors opened, defending their spot like it's Custers Last Stand!

When they don't let you edge, they just get the breenge past. I've had the odd punch or boot in my direction but generally laughing at them seems to infuriate them more, as you head into the melee at the front.

Makes you wonder, that they've obviously never experienced the crowd surges of the old days at the likes of the Barras.
EXACTLY!..The previous tour in my own district a couple of wanks threw their pints over me just for the hell of it.Now I've never had
this problem except on my own doorstep.The shock horror they had as I made my way towards them with my wife and friends they
never imagined.Suppose thats me just being drunk/brave on my doorstep.Still,I don't bounce around anymore ...well that's not strictly true
but when arseholes wanna cause it then shy away after a little 'do ya wanna?' it makes me chuckle..as for the barrier...well there's no where
to go..Fuck 'em...Manchester here we come!
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
ryaninblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ryaninblack »

unbroken69 wrote:Can you see the very obvious contradiction in your post.
Perhaps a better course of action would be to get to the venue early and find the space that suits you best at the barrier.
ryaninblack wrote:I, i want to be with the other like-minded people who are at the front, and i will push through anyone who is trying to stop me from getting there, but i am always very polite as i expect anybody to be.
I dont have time to get to a gig x hours early to get a good space, and no its not a contradiction, yes i do push to the front, but i am polite, is that so hard to grasp?
ryaninblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ryaninblack »

mickinblack wrote:Maybe you all need to go to the gigs were they provide seats.
Then you can sit and be like Statler and Waldorf to your hearts content and be safe from the nasty crowd and the front
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Absolutely, or maybe wait in the car and put the CD on.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Pushing people out of the way with politeness. Sorry I don´t grasp that at all, but whatever. :smt006
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

I suppose some would say that if you go near the front / mosh pit then you should expect a bit of assault & battery in the name of music, but bullies are bullies wherever they choose to infest, and they're all cunts regardless.

Thing that gets me about the beer throwing is, why bother buying beer in the first place, they must be bloody loaded.

My pogoing/moshing days are well behind me, having chipped my left elbow at a Serious Drinking gig in the 80s! :lol:
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Its the fuck nuts who throw the beer that piss me off.Seems to have grown in to gigs in recent years.That idiot who threw beer at JJ seems to sum it up.Why do it?I think they think its the thing to do.I have nearly taken someone out in the past for covering me with beer.But as a Bit of a Kung Fu fighter I would probaby do them damage,which I couldn't afford to do.But why waste good beer?
Derbyducks in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Derbyducks in Black »

Greatkudu wrote:But why waste good beer?

not sure about that.. :shock: :grin:

expensive... yes..

Cheers
David
Anyone seen Sir Winkler...
Dom P
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by Dom P »

Bobinblack wrote: My pogoing/moshing days are well behind me, having chipped my left elbow at a Serious Drinking gig in the 80s! :lol:
Ah Serious Drinking... Bobby Moore Was Innocent!!!!! Great band
"I think you guys are going to have to come up with some wonderful new lies, or people just aren't going to want to go on living." -- Slaughterhouse-Five
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Dom P wrote:
Bobinblack wrote: My pogoing/moshing days are well behind me, having chipped my left elbow at a Serious Drinking gig in the 80s! :lol:
Ah Serious Drinking... Bobby Moore Was Innocent!!!!! Great band
Countdown to Bilko!

He's A Really Good Bloke

and of course 12XU ripped from Wire.

The Revolution Starts at Closing Time, sheer poetry :grin:
ryaninblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by ryaninblack »

unbroken69 wrote:Pushing people out of the way with politeness. Sorry I don´t grasp that at all, but whatever. :smt006
God this is a STRANGLERS forum for CHRIST sake! not a Katie Perry forum, why are you all so uptight!?
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

I can't believe how pissed some people get at gigs...the music must be a blur. Assuming that's what they're there for.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

ryaninblack wrote:
unbroken69 wrote:Pushing people out of the way with politeness. Sorry I don´t grasp that at all, but whatever. :smt006
God this is a STRANGLERS forum for CHRIST sake! not a Katie Perry forum, why are you all so uptight!?
you mention God, Christ and Katie Perry in one sentence, who's being uptight? : :lol: