Be A Slave To A Corporate Giant

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Re: Be A Slave To A Corporate Giant

Post by BikerinBlack »

As someone who has been out of work im always amazed how many people belive its a great life being out of work and getting benefits from the state,when i was first out of work in mid 1980 you got dole for a year and could clam tax repate every month as well ,then maggie stoped the tax rebate and you only got dole for 6 months then you had to claim benefits which are means tested so if you had been working for a few years and lets remember she was putting people out of work who were in there late 50.s early 60,s so had hopefully saved a few £,s it was tuff luck live on your savings.
So really the only people who are better off on benefits are those that have nothing ie no house savings and in a lot of cases no future .
I will bet that all those middle class ie new labour and upper class would not swap places with them .
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Absolutely agree with you. More people are finding out the harsh reality of life on benefits, through no fault of their own. Fourty year old married couples half way through their mortgage repayments are a now a growing demograghic to this scenario. Not knowing what the hell is going to happen when the mortgage insurance runs out and there´s still no salary coming in. The government need to take responsibility for unemployment and all the implications it brings with it, they however see it as being more convenient to label ordinary hard working folk as scroungers and a burden on the state.

On the issue of benefits Britain falls well behind it´s European partners when it comes to fairness. For example someone who has a continuous period of employment in Spain for 5 years can expect to recieve 75% of his final salary for two years before being means tested for other benefits. In the UK you will reiceve much the same as the very small minority who don´t wish to work or have many periods without work.

BikerinBlack wrote:As someone who has been out of work im always amazed how many people belive its a great life being out of work and getting benefits from the state,when i was first out of work in mid 1980 you got dole for a year and could clam tax repate every month as well ,then maggie stoped the tax rebate and you only got dole for 6 months then you had to claim benefits which are means tested so if you had been working for a few years and lets remember she was putting people out of work who were in there late 50.s early 60,s so had hopefully saved a few £,s it was tuff luck live on your savings.
So really the only people who are better off on benefits are those that have nothing ie no house savings and in a lot of cases no future .
I will bet that all those middle class ie new labour and upper class would not swap places with them .
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

I know very well what it's like having to claim dole or Jobseeker's Allowance as they insist it's called, and anyone who has to go through the frankly rank experience of signing on will probably know that there are definitely scroungers doing the same but with no intention of genuinly looking for work. But instead of the job centre/state doing THEIR jobs right and sussing it out and stopping it, they aim at the whole 'class' of unemployed by cutting benefits generally and singling out - deliberately or not it doesn't matter - the most needy. And if you've got savings then be ready to fucking lose them, it's a SIN to claim any benefit if you have more than a few paltry grand saved up, a SIN God damn you. But don't get angry, at least the bankers still get their bonuses and our MPs are finding other ways to make sure they don't miss out.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.