Be A Slave To A Corporate Giant

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Be A Slave To A Corporate Giant

Post by unbroken69 »

Surely if the government feels the unemployed should work for their benefits they should be encouraging people to work in community based schemes and not making them slaves to multi national corporate monsters who turn over billions per year in profits.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... job-advert

Discuss.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Be A Slave To A Corporate Giant

Post by theraven1979 »

It's a good point but sadly I guess it makes them more employable in the "real world" on the way out.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

I don´t think that is necessarily true and certainly Tesco clearly see it as a means to maximise profits. I read recently that when they moved site to a new larger super store in Craigavon, County Armagh, they laid off 70 staff, then employed 20 youth scheme workers and 10 adults claiming Job Seekers Allowance.

Thirty years ago no one would have got away with such dubious practices in the UK and I don´t think you would need to be a Marxist to find this morally reprehensible. It certainly makes me think twice about offering my custom to these and other companies who engage in this system, which is quite simply slave labour.

theraven1979 wrote:It's a good point but sadly I guess it makes them more employable in the "real world" on the way out.

Jim
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

It's what happens when you live in Great Britain PLC.
Soon to be downsized to England Ltd. I hear. :)
ManInBrown
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Rockula wrote:It's what happens when you live in Great Britain PLC.
I heard it was to be England Smallholdings, a stall at the rougher end of the Farmers Market, Fridays and Sundays(weather permitting) :smt005 :smt005
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
BikerinBlack
Rats Rally

Post by BikerinBlack »

To be followed with independance for Northern England :grin:
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
I heard it was to be England Smallholdings, a stall at the rougher end of the Farmers Market, Fridays and Sundays(weather permitting) :smt005 :smt005

:lol: :lol:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

And soon we will be making those in prison work for less than the minimum wage.
What a great socitey we have made. We we pay large wages to people who got europe into this mess, Bankers Policticans,Police, civil Servants, then pay those who care for our eldaly the minimum wage and wonder why these people then abuse our old folk. Yes this the socitey we wanted this is what we have..

And we will soon have the Sun on Sunday telling us that people who refuse to work for there benfits should have there benefits cut off...I just dont get how on earth any half decent humen and can buy anything by that monster of a man who owns it.

unbroken69 your wasteing your time worrying about this, people only care when the shit hits them.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

There are always two sides to the argument though, it's rarely Black & White an issue regardless of how vociferous and forceful people argue. There are always people - that's individuals and companies - explointing the benefits provided by this country, exploiting the NHS, exploiting immigration/extradition law loopholes, exploiting tax rulings etc etc. I don't doubt the above story about Tesco is true, but for all their misdemeanours, Tesco would say they're doing the community and the country a service by providing jobs to the more needy. The prison work idea is a brilliant one, IF the country isn't fucked by high unemployment, and whichever government gets in, they always aim to sort out the fraudulent benefits claims. Unfortunately, that benefits busting encompasses every claimant, so the good & proper people who do claim, are practically investigated along with all the fraudulent c*nts.

It's a shit world we live in, I just happen to believe that our country is one of the less shitty countries, but it's on the slide due to various rotten traits growing in society, like greed, envy, corruption and lust for fame/power/money.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Bob you are wrong on so many levels. In what way could Tesco possibly claim they are doing good for the community? They make a 2 billion annual profit, if they need extra hands to stack shelves then recruit staff and pay them a wage to replenish stock on shelves. You forget by cutting their wage bill in favour of exploitation they are doing so at the tax payers expense. What kind of government allows its country´s private sector to exploit the vulnerable of society to the cost of it´s tax payers.

The absense of any unified voice from the left has aided this exploitation to occur. We have a right wing press who abuse the concept of liberty while always slating government interference, NHS, publicly owned corporations such as the BBC. Liberty today means something to do with an open and free market, were people make their own way and don´t expect to pay tax from it. The same so called Libertarians aren´t so slow of course to tell you where to work, how much you should get paid, which God to praise, who you can go to bed with and where you can live etc. This concept has been an ongoing one since the days of Reagan and Thatcher, when sensible Keynesian economics were replaced by a reckless greedy ultra capitalist and deregulated system of economics mooted by ultra right wing thinker Milton Friedman. We have forgotten the true Libertarians of history. We no longer have any sembelance or economic balance in our society. The press who by and large are Friedmanites feed the public right wing hate and blame the ills of an ever dumbing society on immigration, the unemployed, single mothers, students and anything with a tint of leftist red. At no point should any country send it´s unemployed (or it´s prisoners for that matter) into the hands of the private sector simply for them to make a profit.

I personally see groups resorting to violent protest and I don´t choose those words lightly having grown up in a society divided and hurt by violence. Not a situation I would want to be part of myself. Enough is however enough, let´s see if the left give the exploited and vulnerable a voice at the next PM questions. Mr Milliband could start by voicing his support for the protesters who were forcibly removed from Tesco´s Westminister today. However the Labour movement since it got into bed with Mr. Murdoch has long since been sucking the corporate cock.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17084634

Last edited by unbroken69 on 18 Feb 2012, 21:46, edited 1 time in total.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

I agree with everything you say unbroken69.
But..
Anytime violent protest has been used for change and worked its been the poorest in society that have suffered the most.
Well that is except for the few who were the leaders of this violent protest who then went on to be just as bad and just as rich as the people they was againt.
I think if you want to be involved in some sort of change its inportant to start get involved with things at grass roots level in your local area.
its true to say violent protest will work if you stick at it long enough but it will only work in favour of the few.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

unbroken69 wrote:Bob you are wrong on so many levels. In what way could Tesco possibly claim they are doing good for the community? They make a 2 billion annual profit, if they need extra hands to stack shelves then recruit staff and pay them a wage to replenish stock on shelves. You forget by cutting their wage bill in favour of exploitation they are doing so at the tax payers expense. What kind of government allows its country´s private sector to exploit the vulnerable of society to the cost of it´s tax payers.

Mate, I'M not Tesco, you'd need to ask them :P Admittedly, my 'argument' was more a first mild rant of the day, but don't let my struggle to get my point across be confused with defending any of the huge corporate bastards.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.