4 More Heroes, No More Heroes, The Meninblack etc etc in ere

Moderator: StanInBlack

villainblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Straighten Out - The return of Casey

Post by villainblack »

:smt069[/quote]

I wonder when the last time anyone here last drove two hundred miles in a knackered van, carted two tons of equipment down a tiny staircase, set it up, played a two hour gig to twelve people, took it all back UP the stairs again, loaded it back into the knackered van, drove another two hundred miles home and finally collapsed into bed at six o'clock in the morning with a fiver in their pocket?

This band doesn't happen without support and at the last two London shows this was sadly lacking. I know this from bitter experience, folks. You need to get yourselves out there and give them the support they deserve.

Rant over.[/quote]

Secunded
Please allow me to re-arrange your face sometimes
I'd really like to get to know you better
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

theraven1979 wrote:Good point Bubba - I remember once (once!) when I saw 4MH offering to do a bit of "roadying" and shifting a very small percentage of gear into a van. And passing a hat round after a gig for a few pounds for the band (they probably walked away with possibly enough for petrol). So yeah complete respect for the band.

Jim
Well, thanks, Jim. When the support was good it was very, very good, but at other times it was shockingly poor. Respect to the people who spent ten quid on a ticket to see the band when I was playing, but the gig doesn't end when the doors close at 11.30. It's solid, heartbreaking graft most of the time and it's only the love of the music that kept me going for two years and about forty to fifty gigs. For fuck's sake, get yourselves out there and support these blokes. You've no idea of the sacrifices they make to make it happen.
Last edited by Bubba on 18 Dec 2010, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
mr davis

Post by mr davis »

edinburgh/glasgow,two gigs in glasgow f****d hopefully next year :
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Bubba wrote:
I wonder when the last time anyone here last drove two hundred miles in a knackered van, carted two tons of equipment down a tiny staircase, set it up, played a two hour gig to twelve people, took it all back UP the stairs again, loaded it back into the knackered van, drove another two hundred miles home and finally collapsed into bed at six o'clock in the morning with a fiver in their pocket?

This band doesn't happen without support and at the last two London shows this was sadly lacking. I know this from bitter experience, folks. You need to get yourselves out there and give them the support they deserve.

Rant over.[/quote]

I went to both of the Hope and Anchor gigs - packed first time, as we know, and hardly anyone the second time. I fully appreciated the effort of the band, but cant say i was happy about comments made on the night (of the second time) by the band about the lack of crowd etc, as i'd travelled from Wales, had to stay overnight and it cost me about £150 all in and got home the next afternoon.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
European female
SHAKESPEARO

Post by European female »

I too was at both the Hope and Anchor gigs and I remember the band having a go at the lack of support, but i also remember them thanking everyone who did turn up on the night. I think the problem was they get asked to do more gigs down south and when they do its always a disapointing turn out so i think that was aimed at them rather than the people (including myself) who travel to see the band. I spoke to Shaggy at the Moses gate gig and he has informed me that there will be quite a few gigs down south as Phil the guitarist lives in Watford, so lets see what happens in the next year.
I knew she was a feline She moved with ease and grace. Her green eyes they held mystery No emotion on her face
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

European female wrote:they get asked to do more gigs down south and when they do its always a disapointing turn out
Just like their blaady football teams :roll:
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
50millionwatches
Ugly
Ugly

Post by 50millionwatches »

Its not a cheap night out going to see Straighten Out, what with travel/hotel/beer/food etc..
However, nothing compared to the effort the band put in, so I understand where they are coming from.
But its always a top night - never a disappointment. They get scant reward imho.
Gottle o Geer, Gottle o Geer!!
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

50millionwatches wrote:Its not a cheap night out going to see Straighten Out, what with travel/hotel/beer/food etc..
However, nothing compared to the effort the band put in, so I understand where they are coming from.
But its always a top night - never a disappointment. They get scant reward imho.

Could not have put it better myself!!

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before