george and mildred

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mini mission
VERSATRAN SERIES F

george and mildred

Post by mini mission »

erm,i was watching the 70s sitcom george and mildred today..sorry....anyway for those who remember it there is the annoying little brat tristran,who is george and mildreds neighbour..anyway to cut to the chase..tristans dad came home and said to the little brat "ive got you that thing you wanted"..(he had brought home a gift for the little f****r) .and tristan said "what ,a stranglers poster"?!.)...anyway,that was it really,and he didnt get a stranglers poster..cant remember what he got...i just thought i would share this with everyone....ill get my coat now..... : :roll: ..george and mildred was about as funny as a triple bypass
jbinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: george and mildred

Post by jbinblack »

The clothes were classic tho! Mildred and her cheap plastic jewellery! fabtasticly tacky!
Trust in God, but lock your car
mini mission
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by mini mission »

mini mission wrote:erm,i was watching the 70s sitcom george and mildred today..sorry....anyway for those who remember it there is the annoying little brat tristran,who is george and mildreds neighbour..anyway to cut to the chase..tristans dad came home and said to the little brat "ive got you that thing you wanted"..(he had brought home a gift for the little f****r) .and tristan said "what ,a stranglers poster"?!.)...anyway,that was it really,and he didnt get a stranglers poster..cant remember what he got...i just thought i would share this with everyone....ill get my coat now..... : :roll: ..george and mildred was about as funny as a triple bypass
well how sad am i ! found said episode of george on mildred on youtube....just to save you the pain of having to watch it right through its at 1.30 on the video the bit with the little boy.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_vpj5esoyU
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

I think George might be still alive and knocking around somewere.
But i was always a Terry And June man myself...
mini mission
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by mini mission »

mickinblack wrote:I think George might be still alive and knocking around somewere.
lol!! yeah george is still alive,mildred died age 53.....im more a steptoe and son fan..for me that was the best sitcom ever!
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

mini mission wrote:
mickinblack wrote:I think George might be still alive and knocking around somewere.
lol!! yeah george is still alive,mildred died age 53.....im more a steptoe and son fan..for me that was the best sitcom ever!
That and Porridge :P
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Aural Scripture
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Aural Scripture »

mini mission wrote:im more a steptoe and son fan..for me that was the best sitcom ever!
See the radio series based on the original TV scripts is still being aired.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b009tw3 ... des/player
AndyMatthews
Rats Rally

Post by AndyMatthews »

I actually quite liked George and Mildred. Brian Murphy (George) is a Pompey fan and insisted their door bell played the Pompey Chimes! Errr............... that's probably the only reason I liked it thinking about it :|
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Yootha Joyce scared me, I hated looking at her.

That is all.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

What happend to the great British sit com.
Were did it go wrong.
I remember as a kid watching with the whole family great comedys like Faulty towers,some mothers do have them,minder,only fools and horses,Dads Army,Terry and June,Love Thy Neighbour,Robins Hest,ok some of these was not pc but even as a kid of 6 or 7 i got the jokes and what was happening and the whole family would watch the show and laugh togeather.
What do we have to day The Office that show on channel 4 about the pc nerds ok these might be funny but i dont see a 6 year old laughing at what Ricky Gervais is doing but he would laugh at Frank Spencer..Were did it all go wrong tv bad enough as it is,but now the family show is going.
I blame Ben Elton and all his cronies myself.Im sure when they trie to make Comedy PC that had the best intentions but maybe they did more harm than good,,,
AndyMatthews
Rats Rally

Post by AndyMatthews »

I agree with Mick - there's no decent family viewing now. It's all reality crap and Britain's Got Dancers and all that bollocks. I watch the "Old" comedy stuff occasionally but my kids (youngest is 17) won't watch because it's dated and "Not funny" because their generation has been introduced to a different kind of comedy. "Inbetweeners" is quality but not (young) family viewing.

They'd rather watch the American SitComs like "Modern Family" (which is actually piss your pants funny) and "Everybody Likes Raymond", (which is crap!)
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Nosferatu »

It's not cool to watch television with ma and pa any more though is it ? Plus most kids now have got teles in their bedrooms.
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.