I'm in a rock band

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

I'm in a rock band

Post by Organ Grinder »

BBC2 have a new series on Saturday nights which has been pretty good so far. Last weekend they featured guitarists and next week it's drummers. Hopefully we will see certain band members during the series although so far new wave/punk/pub rock has been represented by Dr Feelgoods Wilco, Steve and Andy from The Police, the Clash's (oh fuck I forget his name...! not a Clash fan yasee!), Siouxzie Sioux and the guys from Joy Division. Anyone else seen it? Best series on music for years if ya ask me - some very amusing anecdotes and good footage of some good performers. 8)
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: I'm in a rock band

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Might be worth a watch , surely better than the puerile , sterile shite that passes on X Factor etc . I too can't think of who from the Clash it might be - I know who it isn't - won't get into a Clash arguement ( gave up on them when London Calling came out ) - might be Mick Jones , but probably Topper Headon .
Maybe they will be looking for characters rather than some easily manipulated puppet ( ie X Factor - which I never watch - but they seem that way )

See if I stay awake long enough .
All quiet ..........
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

It really is quite a good watch - seen both so far. Good to hear some 'tales' straight from the horse's mouths.

Don't think any Strangs will make it into the 'band' tho.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Yes really enjoyed it. Very interesting............though its a bit of a shock to see how old some of the interviewees look :shock: Ginger Baker looks about 90, lived life to the full I guess.
Some great footage in there too, I particularly liked Richie Blackmores exploding speaker stack.........."the roadies put 8 times too much petrol in it!"
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Not bad at all shame there's all those Yanks in it but then I guess they can flog it across the pond as well.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
relentless71
SHAKESPEARO

Post by relentless71 »

Oh, it is mick jones by the way and it is a cool show. But I like the manga style animation there was between the interviews.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

relentless71 wrote:Oh, it is mick jones by the way and it is a cool show. But I like the manga style animation there was between the interviews.
Not seen the second one yet but the first was great, inc that animation which looks brill, as does all the footage of various rock icons. The programme missed a few great frontmen but still, it was a great viewing. Respect for the dead and all that, but Ian Curtis wasn't a legendary frontman, and I love Joy Div.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.