UK Election 2010

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: UK Election 2010

Post by jason »

That's the problem these days though isn't it, if you are concerned about immigration some people like Gordon Brown think you are a racist or a bigot.
PaulinLondon
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by PaulinLondon »

The General Election will take place on 6 May 2010.

25 years earlier and three days later, The Stranglers toured Australia. They took in the following schedule :

AUSTRALIAN TOUR
9.5.85 Canberra University, Canberra
10.5.85 Sydney Horden, Pavillion
11.5.85 Brisbane Festival Hall
12.5.85 Newcastle Yorkers Club
13.5.85 Sydney, Selinas, Coogee Bay Hotel.
14.5.85 Sydney, Selinas, Coogee Bay Hotel
15.5.85 Melbourne, The Palais
16.5.85 Adelaide Apollo Stadium
18.5.85 Perth Entertainment Centre

If anyone cares to share memories of the above, please create a separate thread under Mk1.

In the meantime, back to topic and the next General Election. 8)
"Madame, Be in no doubt as to the seriousness of your position". The Day of the Jackal, 1973.
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

What´s all the fuss about. Brown was right that silly old biotch was a right old bigot.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

theraven1979 wrote:There's some good and some shit points from all the parties - of course they're all trying to appeal to EVERYONE - Therefore, unless you're poor/rich, with a large family and you're a single mum then there's bound to be pointless expense across all parties. Lib Dems fairer tax system seems reasonable out of all of them - But some other policies across parties have expense with no justification - Why should you get £200 for having a kid or money for getting married? Especially when we've got ill equipped forces in Afghanistan...........etc

A well hung parliament I reckon

Jim
The reason for the £200 is to help grow:
- future soldiers to fight in Afghanistan
- future consumers that can stimulate the economy (thus increasing tax revenue) by buying products that are manufactured here (and thus creating jobs for the future) or are imported (thus enablling quid pro quo arrangements for us to export to them)
- consumers that give career opportunities to more teachers and nursery school carers

The reason for the money for getting married is to encourage:
- people to stick together to grow soldiers to fight in Afghanistan
- spend money on getting married to stimulate the economy by creating jobs for hoteliers, DJs, etc etc etc
:grin:
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Ah you're thinking longer term Paul I get you - cunning bastards these politicians :lol:

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
APOLLO79
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by APOLLO79 »

I am,therefore.......
'Can i have my mic stand back please?You might do yourself an injury and get it stuck in somewhere'
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

unbroken69 wrote:What´s all the fuss about. Brown was right that silly old biotch was a right old bigot.

Hahahaha I'm kinda with you on that one mate. What gets me I think it was in today's Independent how Brown spent 20 mins with Obama in the Whitehouse, 15 Mins signing the Lisbon Treaty and 20 Mins going to visit the Queen to get this election ball rolling. yet when a woman has a go about East European's he spends 45 mins round her gaff, I don't think Churchill spent more than 10 mins at any of the Blitzed out gaff's he visited, no one can knock the personal touch there.

Absolutely loathe Cameron, tonight's debate just proved what an unintelligent, had his Oxford degree handed on his plate, completely talentless thick front man wannabe who never understood a word of the Morrissey and Dylan lyrics he claims to have been inspired by he is biggest wanker of the lot of them. I haven't always used my vote, more recently got into voting in local elections, but I tell ya anything not to let Cameron in, whatever my views on Clegg or Brown or politicians in general come to that matter, there is one thing I am convinced about David Cameron is really bad news that has dissuaded me from voter apathy in this year’s general election.

Thought I would share that as I haven't contributed much of late to the thread I did after all start.

Good Night and Good Luck
Organ Grinder
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Organ Grinder »

Am I the only cnut who doesn't have a clue who I want to vote for? All I know is I don't want Labour.
If Dave was to use a Hammond L100 for just one more gig I'd die content.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Organ Grinder wrote:Am I the only cnut who doesn't have a clue who I want to vote for? All I know is I don't want Labour.
don't tell me you want Cameron though serioulsy? I fuckin hate Labour for the police state illegal war mongering bullshit they've unleashed, was that Labour or was that Bliar the MI5 plant http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/oc ... airspy.htm
I've not said a word of support for Labour since I was a kid, I was brought up to believe in the Labour party and aint voted for them since 92 which was the year I was legal to vote, I never voted Bliar, I gave up voting in general elections for a good part of my life voted Green in 2005 coz I could afford but I dont think that's an option this time

Dunno what people's thoughts on fox hunting is, maybe there are fox hunters who visit this board? well I've always been oppossed to it and don't think Labour went far enough, and for the record Cameron isn't interested in sorting the economy out, he just can't wait to sall 'Tally Ho' and go and rip the shit out of some foxes whilst he rewards his rich mates, look into this http://save-me.org.uk/ doubt many of you care either way, I'm having a friday night drink so am not bothering to edit and will just wake up tomorrow and say 'fuck did I really say that'ah well we're all human and allowed to fuck up
NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

PaulinLondon wrote:The General Election will take place on 6 May 2010.

25 years earlier and three days later, The Stranglers toured Australia. They took in the following schedule :

AUSTRALIAN TOUR
9.5.85 Canberra University, Canberra
10.5.85 Sydney Horden, Pavillion
11.5.85 Brisbane Festival Hall
12.5.85 Newcastle Yorkers Club
13.5.85 Sydney, Selinas, Coogee Bay Hotel.
14.5.85 Sydney, Selinas, Coogee Bay Hotel
15.5.85 Melbourne, The Palais
16.5.85 Adelaide Apollo Stadium
18.5.85 Perth Entertainment Centre

If anyone cares to share memories of the above, please create a separate thread under Mk1.

In the meantime, back to topic and the next General Election. 8)
Nice one Paul and back to the election :!: So just out of interest which member of the band would make a good PM and why :?: 8)

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

NMH1965 wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:T

Nice one Paul and back to the election :!: So just out of interest which member of the band would make a good PM and why :?: 8)

well its got to be Hugh for me really, he would make music and songwriting a big part of the curriculum for schools and also see that the people get to enjoy music on more reasonable terms than is the current case. I'm sure Hugh would promote Britain as a country for cultural values and the arts and think that's what we need Cameron will destroy that. I also think Hugh would be good to get this country on the path to suistanable and renewable energy. I'm also sure he would be good for reforming the prison service. With all this talk of Labour being too soft on criminals let us not forget the appawling degradation prisoners suffered under Thatcher which accumlated with the strangeways riots, prison isn't the holiday camp The Sun and Cameron would have us all believe and I'm sure Hugh would be quite Hugh-mane in his approach :smile:

I also think Hugh offers a good stance on International relations even if he'ld wipe Trowbridge off the map
Claireinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Claireinblack »

Jake wrote:
NMH1965 wrote:
PaulinLondon wrote:T

well its got to be Hugh for me really, he would make music and songwriting a big part of the curriculum for schools and also see that the people get to enjoy music on more reasonable terms than is the current case. I'm sure Hugh would promote Britain as a country for cultural values and the arts and think that's what we need Cameron will destroy that. I also think Hugh would be good to get this country on the path to suistanable and renewable energy. I'm also sure he would be good for reforming the prison service. With all this talk of Labour being too soft on criminals let us not forget the appawling degradation prisoners suffered under Thatcher which accumlated with the strangeways riots, prison isn't the holiday camp The Sun and Cameron would have us all believe and I'm sure Hugh would be quite Hugh-mane in his approach :smile:

I also think Hugh offers a good stance on International relations even if he'ld wipe Trowbridge off the map

The's have a prisy fit at each press conference, with all those flashes going off....

:lol: :lol:
Claireinblack
kent