UK Election 2010

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

UK Election 2010

Post by Jake »

I must say I am surprised that no one has started an election thread, so allow me I mean come on politics is something that affects us all. I'd like to take this opportunity to say I do not want Cameron as the next PM, dislike the man so intensely I actually started to vaguely like Brown, I mean such is the Cameron effect it does strange things to one’s brain.

Any views on the election please fire away!
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: UK Election 2010

Post by Jake »

You would have to be from another planet not to realise that all politicians are dodgy, just don't think anything could be as bad as Cameron I genuinely believe that. I don't actually normally vote but such is my strength of feeling against Cam that I feel no choice. I do not want to wake up on May the 7th to see that swarmy git at the top, let's go for a hung parliament at least eh? It would be interesting; I mean what's the alternative, a society run on anarcho-syndicalism principles? Didn’t think so!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

They're all corrupt slimey bastards - Maybe a hung parliament isn't such a bad thing.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

haha, who came up with that one first was it Private Eye or Class war?
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

am gunna try and dig out a great cartoon I have about a hung parliament from the 87 election and post it here, I said try, here's hoping we can keep this election thread alive
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

I echo Jake's sentiments, i can't think of anything worse than Cameron as PM. Especially as we now have a centre-leftist President of the USA... I can't see that relationship working at all. I don't hold out much hope for getting a better job under the Tories either. I'm voting Lib Dem.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
beebop
Rats Rally

Post by beebop »

The chorus in the Specials Pearls cafe sums it up nicely ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEx_ByPS9xQ
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

Cleggy gets the Libs in the lead for the first time since 1906
At least it makes it way more interesting rather than a 2 horse bore

Think I might vote for them
Lets face it, we know what the others can do.
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by ravenlunatic »

Pah! Bloody loony lefty idiots in power? Call 'emselves Labour? Never done a feckin' days work in their lives!
As for those other bloody idiots the Liberals..........far too liberal for my liking.........all bloody gay rights and green manifesto I'll be bound.
And as for those bloody toffee nosed twats in tweed the Conservatives, all they want to do is sell everything until there's so little of anything left that there's nothing for anybody to do so they all wander the streets and cause trouble instead of knuckling down and earning themseves a decent living and a bit of self pride.

Do you want to know who we really need in power? I'll tell who we need, Genghis Khan thats who we really need! He'd sort the country out alright. He could start by slaughtering all the politicians, then the rich, then the very poor, then anybody from Iceland and then he could go on to deal with vegetarians and people who are in favour of lower speed limits on country roads that have been perfectly safe with higher ones since the invention of the motor car.

Oh and then he could slaughter all those people who like to jet wash their cars at 7 am on a sunday morning.

And Simon Cowell.

And Piers fucking Morgan the twat.
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mantheylovetohate »

ravenlunatic wrote:Pah! Bloody loony lefty idiots in power? Call 'emselves Labour? Never done a feckin' days work in their lives!
As for those other bloody idiots the Liberals..........far too liberal for my liking.........all bloody gay rights and green manifesto I'll be bound.
And as for those bloody toffee nosed twats in tweed the Conservatives, all they want to do is sell everything until there's so little of anything left that there's nothing for anybody to do so they all wander the streets and cause trouble instead of knuckling down and earning themseves a decent living and a bit of self pride.

Do you want to know who we really need in power? I'll tell who we need, Genghis Khan thats who we really need! He'd sort the country out alright. He could start by slaughtering all the politicians, then the rich, then the very poor, then anybody from Iceland and then he could go on to deal with vegetarians and people who are in favour of lower speed limits on country roads that have been perfectly safe with higher ones since the invention of the motor car.

Oh and then he could slaughter all those people who like to jet wash their cars at 7 am on a sunday morning.

And Simon Cowell.

And Piers fucking Morgan the twat.
You're going all Basil Fawlty again RL!!! :grin:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
Pam
Rats Rally

Post by Pam »

Am not sure how "legitimate" the following is, but for anyone who's undecided who to vote for it's apparently supposed to help (you give your opinion on various policies, eliminate any of the six main parties ( main 3 plus BNP, UKIP and Green) that you definitely wouldn't vote for and can then see which party most reflects your opinions):

http://www.votematch.org.uk/

Most worrying thing for me ( though possibly not too surprising!) was the fact that the percentages I got suggested there's not much to choose between any of them :(
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

bongo wrote:I cant even vote SNP !! Terrible Nuclear policy :lol: Twats !!! :twisted:
Doesn't mean you can't work in the Nuclear Industry.

I would quite like for there to be none in Scotland, but could happily go on the Commisioning of the new ones planned in England.

Kerching!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.