Napster

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

kinski
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kinski »

Anyone joined the new legal Napster yet? Knocks the MSN service into a hat, but more expensive (£10 per month subscription for unlimited streams + 99p per track for permanent downloads). Seems to be much more variety than other UK based download services, and its probably stolen the thunder from the European itunes, which may not even get its act together until later this year...
Resurrect the Jodie Foster thread...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

What`s it like? Does it have rare shit on it or is it all commercial readily available stuff you could download for free elsewhere or even *gulp* pur-chase in ya local HMV

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
kinski
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kinski »

theraven1979 wrote:What`s it like? Does it have rare shit on it or is it all commercial readily available stuff you could download for free elsewhere or even *gulp* pur-chase in ya local HMV

Jim
Don't start that argument again!!! No, its all legal stuff - though looks like it will follow itunes and have exclusives that are not in your local HMV (live stuff, sessions etc). And anyway, does anyone really bother with stores like HMV anymore?

Its nothing like the old Napster - no "trading", so if you are a p2p user, its not for you - but if they can sort the pricing out (its too expensive at the moment) it'll be better than dealing with spotty-faced oiks down the local CD emporium.
Resurrect the Jodie Foster thread...
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I get ya - cheers

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"