What was your favourite Course you did at college and why?.

Other non Stranglers stuff here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

What was your favourite Course you did at college and why?.

Post by pigeon »

This year is coming up to 10 years since i completed one of my courses i did before going onto A-levels. Intermidate Business studies. It was a course made to boost your GCSE passes up wereas if you passed below the colleges criteria which was 5 i got 3 then this *Course* pass automatically gives you an extra 5 GCSEs for some reason which would boost me up to 8. Theoretically speaking thus letting me dos for another year before going onto a 2 year a level course. Default its great isnt it. As it so happens the group of people were the 7 fellow pranksters that i hooked up with in year 8.

James Bundock (Bundy), Alan Wallace,(The duckman),Andrew Linford (Linfs),Mark Miles (Silent bob),Curren, Southby Harpret & Me.(Pigeon). Surley no sane head of year would put us lot in a room together for a year and then expect to get the work done on time oh well scientific progress gone boink. :/ A year with a lot of incidents to happen and there were some straight from a comedy tv show.

The teachers Mr Youngman "If you do no pass the essay, you fail the element,if you do not pass the element you fail the unit, if you do not pass the unit .... Therefore you fail the course" was his saying.
Mr glover
Mr Playford Playfordism fellow radiohead fan
& Mr heart who was well boring.

One of the funny incidents
1. Just after the christmas break of 1998 there was a sheduled first exam due to take place in the essembley hall at 9am sharp or so the teachers thought & 2 students who turned up on time Alan & harpret.Mr Youngman is monitoring the exam "Wheres everyone else?" "We dunno they say. I think to myself is their an exam on today? So i ask Bundy on the way and he says he diddnt think so. We are late for leason as we see Ms Mills who everyone likes so we decide to go and help her set up her lesson walking behind which enabled us to get a good look up her skirt as she always said she goes commando. We are 15 minutes late for the class which is straight down the hall bundy in his latest Elton John tour shirt he is a massive fan which is slightly worrying he looks like eric cartman and me in my £1000 suit which my cousins brought back from a business trip in italy for me. Mr Youngman is shouting at everyone on lateness for the lesson by the door with a cup of tea in his hands bundy bursts into the room sending mr youngman flying and his cup of tea out of his hands "OI-0I" everyone including Mr playford collapes on the floor laughing. Mr Youngman gets up with tea all over his shirt "WHY ARE YOU LATE FOR LESSON" Ms Mills pops her head round the door "Thanks for helping boys" and i just point to her "WHY DIDDNT YOU TURN UP FOR THE EXAM??" i replied "What exam?" Mr playford is almost crying with laughter by this point. Mark miles shows up to lesson 30 minutes after having walked from home to college "why are you late for class?" Mark "I had to walk to school" Mr Youngman "Why diddn't you get a bus" Mark "I don't like sharing them with people". Mr Youngman "Why were you late for the Exam" Mark "What exam?", buy which time Mr playford had just recoverd and this sent him into stiches again.
Mr Youngman "I DONT KNOW WHY I BOTHER WITH YOU LOTiM NOT GETTING PAID EXTRA FOR THIS OVERTIME Y'KNOW :lol: ".
The Nosferatu
Ugly
Ugly

Re: What was your favourite Course you did at college and why?.

Post by The Nosferatu »

you lost me after the first line of the funny incident, could you compress the jist of it into 3 words ?
Cnut ? I think you're mistaken, it's CUNT.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Screenwriting, as a (im)mature student. Watched films an awful lot, supposedly learning from them, then had to write a screenplay for final 'thesis' of the second year.

Man, do i feel old after reading Pigeon's post!
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
icecube
Ugly
Ugly

Post by icecube »

Pudding.
The chocolate sponge and custard was to die for.
This can't be undone

NMH1965
Ugly
Ugly

Post by NMH1965 »

Listening to The Stranglers, going to record fairs........oh and table football!! :lol:

:?
The day is sticky yellow!!
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

General Studies because there was this gorgeous girl who used to give me lifts down to the train station afterwards. lush.

Also, Maths because it's the one I could do.
chemistry's the one I went on to do a degree in but I spent far too much time pissing about at college so I didn't really learn or achieve much here.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I took the geek courses but my mate took the travel and tourism stuff - Needless to say there was a lot more totty in his classes. Remember you're their to meet birds and get drunk.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
adam_neil
Ugly
Ugly

Post by adam_neil »

theraven1979 wrote:I took the geek courses but my mate took the travel and tourism stuff - Needless to say there was a lot more totty in his classes. Remember you're their to meet birds and get drunk.

Jim
I didn't stay in college very long - after leaving high school it seemed like a natural thing to move onto. Deadline's for essays began to get on my nerves, the majority of my time was spent in pubs getting smashed with other like minded peers. I *studied* ( studied! :lol: ) Law, Politics, English Literature & History.

Ultimately at college I found that unlike with GCSE's, you can't do zero revision 'n' then sail through the exam papers !

Adam
Tried to wipe you from my memory
I miss the pleasure of your company
C r a s s !
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by C r a s s ! »

Arsony. fire
http://www.strangled.co.uk/ The unofficial Stranglers site.

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

theraven1979 wrote:I took the geek courses but my mate took the travel and tourism stuff - Needless to say there was a lot more totty in his classes. Remember you're their to meet birds and get drunk.

Jim

Sadly that diddn't happen with us as it was a single sex school which meant there weren't any girls. They were allowed in 6th form but they diddnt come to our college. It was quite depressing on that front :(. My mate the duckman use to bring his mini stero into class so we use to blast out Pantera all the time.
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by gjinblack »

pigeon wrote:

Jim

it was a single sex school which meant there weren't any girls.
No shit!
euromanc-ometh
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Another funny incident Andrew Miller was with us he was in our group but was the one that was picked to get bullied by James. During one lesson we had teacher steps who would monitor the class. The main teacher Mr glover was gone for quite a long while. James walked passed a whole new real of Cellotape on the teachers desk. He looked at the cellotape then took a look at Andrew sitting their waiting to be a target. As soon as the teacher walked out of the room to get the other teachers james ran over to the cellotape then ran over to Andrew with a few people pinning him down to the chair andrew was doing his usual "Please james no no Please James no" while James starts to cellotape first his legs to the chair so he can't move, then he cellotaped his body to the chair andrew is still pleading with him by this time but james has snapped and when he snaps wev'e lost him. He has one bit of cellotape left and andrew is now at the point of a 17 yr old doing a year 7 "im going to tell on you" he thinks about what to do with it and gaffaotapes his mouth with it carries him to the door and cellotapes the chair to the floor so he can't move. This is all done while the teacher is out and we are all getting on with our assignments when the teacher comes back with our good friend joker mr playford. They open the door and the 3 of them see Andrew miller tied to a chair with cellotape andrew can still talk through the tape so he says "Help me im stuck" by which time Mr Playford just laughs at him and says to bundy "James that is really cruel" so james replies "WHAT WHAT why is it always me" :lol: