Killing Joke tour & new album

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

mantheylovetohate
The Raven
The Raven

Killing Joke tour & new album

Post by mantheylovetohate »

For those that are interested, KJ are currently working on their next album & it's due to be released early next year. There are also rumours of a tour in 2010, unfortunately around February time (when I believe someone else has got a tour happening). I'll have to see how this works out coinciding with other gig plans... :roll:
Did someone say "Wonky"?
"Fading Dutch Moon

Re: Killing Joke tour & new album

Post by "Fading Dutch Moon »

They are working on that new album for a while now, will it ever see daylight :?
Can't take days off of work in Feb for I took some in March to see Stranglers so I hope they will do a tour on the continent too a bit later in the year.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Can't wait. They are probably my 2nd favourite band.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

Very hit or miss. Really like some of their stuff. Of late though its all a bit shouty!
G-L-O-S...Living in a flood plain!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

paulinblack wrote:Very hit or miss. Really like some of their stuff. Of late though its all a bit shouty!
I know what you mean Paul. I really like Jaz Coleman's voice when he sings but he doesn't seem to sing much these days does he. They seem to have got heavier lately. I like their more melodic stuff like Brighter than a Thousand Suns, Night Time, Outside the Gate and Extremeties which is more heavy but superb too.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

jason wrote:
paulinblack wrote:Very hit or miss. Really like some of their stuff. Of late though its all a bit shouty!
I know what you mean Paul. I really like Jaz Coleman's voice when he sings but he doesn't seem to sing much these days does he. They seem to have got heavier lately. I like their more melodic stuff like Brighter than a Thousand Suns, Night Time, Outside the Gate and Extremeties which is more heavy but superb too.
I do like some of the shouty stuff. Asteroid & Whiteout are two of my favourites.

Normally listen to a Killing Joke mix at the gym. Gets the heart pumping!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Yes they are great tracks particularly Asteroid. Have you heard Universe B? It should be on You tube somewhere. I can't believe it didn't make the last album.
paulinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by paulinblack »

jason wrote:Yes they are great tracks particularly Asteroid. Have you heard Universe B? It should be on You tube somewhere. I can't believe it didn't make the last album.
Hadnt heard it before - nice (although a bit long and too shouty lyrics).

Just listening to a bit of Black Moon now!
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

jason wrote:Yes they are great tracks particularly Asteroid. Have you heard Universe B? It should be on You tube somewhere. I can't believe it didn't make the last album.
One of the best tracks they've released for a long time IMHO. Shouty is good. :smile:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Hammer wrote:
One of the best tracks they've released for a long time IMHO. Shouty is good. :smile:
Yep it's a good'un. Great homemade video too.
Rodney Blackstaff
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Rodney Blackstaff »

This will be great news if it does happen, although if the tour coincides with a certain other tour around the same time, then things might get a bit stretched.
One of the reasons Youth especially rejoined last year was that he wanted to do new material, so here's hoping that a new album is forthcoming!

Rodders
I see your outstretched hand through the closing door
But it's a far better thing I do than I have done before
steam_rigs
SHAKESPEARO

Post by steam_rigs »

I just hope the new stuff aint quite as heavy as recent offerings

whilst i've enjoyed the newer stuff i do prefer the more melodic stuff , Nightime , 1000 suns etc